Hugh Cole News
Week of October 6th
What will I find here?
9:00-9:45- Student Services Meeting (Laurie Heyden, Chris Kinder, Christine Mandese, Cindy Sadler, Deb Kearns)
9:45-10:15- Office Staff Meeting
10:15-10:45- HCS Admin Meeting
TA Meeting 3:10-3:30
POW Science 6:30pm
Assessment Literacy Training @ Sandywoods 8:30-3:30
SLOs are due into EPSS
Please contact Cindy (K-1) Christine and Debbie (2-5) if you have questions or concerns
Technology Help Session with Paul Morris
The workshop is an open, drop-in workshop, where you can ask any technology related question. We can touch on using an ENO Interactive Whiteboard or a document camera. We can also go over using the EPSS system. We will be there for about an hour so stop by if you have any tech related questions.
Nuts and Bolts
Attendance and Tardiness Protocol
After 10 unexcused absences and 15 tardies, Cyndi will make contact with the teacher and a letter will be sent home. We will ask that the teacher makes contact with the family at that time. If an additional 10 days gets accrued, an administrator will make a phone call home to the family. If the student continues to be absent or tardy, the truancy officer will be called.
This policy is in the student handbook and on the livebinder.
Reading services have begun last week! Please let the reading specialists or Debbie know if you have any questions or concerns.
Please submit your conference forms if you haven't done so already. We have many conferences in October and all forms need to be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance.
10/8 Assessment Literacy - Wednesday All Day Training
Tues, Oct 14 - All grade 5 classroom teachers
10/15 Grade 3- NGSS Science Giusti, McCanna, Castigliego, Corrado
10/16 Grade 4- NGSS Science Vacchelli, Allder
10/22 NCII Peters, Giorgi, Kearns, Mandese, Heyden
10/24 Instructional Resource Alignment - Colaneri, Defreitas, McCanna
If you signed up for the Assessment Literacy book club, you should be receiving the text this week! A doodle will be going out to schedule the 3 book club meetings. We had 40 participants for our first book club session!!
Family Math Night
We are looking for volunteers to sign up for Family Math Night on October 22nd from 6-7:30pm. This is going to be a fun night where parents can bring their students into school and learn about iReady, the CCSS and play math games with their family! We are hoping to get as many HCS teacher volunteers to help run the games as possible! Please sign up on doodle using this link. http://doodle.com/skd553bhtih6eypa
District Assessment Guidelines
Please review the assessment guidelines that the district handed out last week. Please let us know if you have any questions.
STAR and mClass Highlights from Debbie
After reviewing your STAR Assessment data:
· Students scoring below the 25th percentile rank (Intensive and Urgent) will need to be assessed using DIBELS Next and mCLASS Reading 3D TRC sometime in September or October.
· Students scoring from the 26th to the 40th percentile rank (On Watch) are also considered below grade level proficiency and should be considered for additional testing using teacher discretion in consultation with the reading specialist.
· All additional mCLASS assessments should be a shared collaboration by both the classroom teacher and support teachers (special educators, ELL teachers, and reading specialists).
· The mCLASS assessments in grades 3-5 will be used primarily for Progress Monitoring throughout the year.
· Although the STAR Reading can be used for progress monitoring every 4 weeks, it shouldn’t be the single progress monitoring tool being used for students in grades 3-5.
**You do not need to progress monitor your entire class on STAR. Highlight the students most in need. Do not progress monitor in less than a 4-6 week period.
Tuesday Teacher Tips
Wednesday Hump Day PD
Parent Teacher Conferences 6-8pm
NCII Meeting Dates
Hugh Cole AM meetings @ HC
Hugh Cole AM meetings @ HC
Videos of the Week!
Assessment Literacy Strategy #1
Providing students with understandable learning targets is essential in the classroom.