Take a wonderful trip to the ruins of Mexico.
Time available to visit ruins
Price of admition
There are 2 entrance fees to be paid, one at the park's main gate, charged by the Council of Protected Areas and another, at the archaeological park's entrance, charged by the INAH or Institute of Antrhopology and History The first fee is MX$ 15 while the second is MX$ 45. While this sounds quite expensive all this actually only comes to the cheap price of about 6$ U.S.
- There are jungle animals so we are warned to not feed jungle animals.
- The Palenque national park was originally built by Mayans but is now just ancient ruins.
- Highest average rainfall in mexico.
- A tomb found in the national park belonged to a leader called Pakal the Great, who ruled in AD 603–83.
- Palenque translates directly to "arena".
- Sometimes chocolate was sometimes used as currency.