Lead Android Developer
Want to work for an awesome start-up?
Fancy a challenge?
We are a successful startup with a user base several million strong. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Android Lead Developer to join our expanding team. This is an on site position at our Newcastle office.
- Want to get your hands dirty in a 9 year old code base.
- Have a strong background over 5+ years in Android and Java with 10+ years in industry.
- Understand how to run successful component teams and have a perverse enjoyment of code reviews.
- Be passionate about making beautiful Android apps that are simple and easy to use.
- Not be scared to rip our existing product to pieces... and then work with other component leads to improve our architecture and make Palringo better.
- Enjoy the challenge of working alongside our founder to define the technical future of Palringo.
- Be confident in your abilities to build a platform from hundreds-of-thousands to millions of users.
- Have strong mobile experience.
- Have line management experience.
- Understanding creating layouts for differing form factors (phone, tablet, phablet) and as well the intricacies of varying Android versions.
- Be self-motivated with strong organisational skills, especially across teams.
- Think like a team member, not a code-monkey.
- Take responsibility for your technical decisions, and be able to defend them.
- Be familiar with the Agile/Scrum development methods.
- Live and breathe all things Google.
- Lead multi-office Android component team in a line management capacity.
- Provide insight to the technical direction of the product(s), with strong communication with other Android Developers, other Technical Leads, and Senior Technical personnel.
- Ensure a stable, well maintained platform, with a focus on removing technical debt.
- Work closely with Founder, Component Leads, and Product Managers to ensure a joined up vision of the future of Palringo.
- Competitive Salary.
- Casual work environment.
- Exposure to all aspects of a startup.
- Newcastle Office.
All candidates are expected to have downloaded and used the Palringo app before applying.