A Four-Season Vacationland
Maine offers unique year-round experiences for everyone. Visit world-class art museums, go on skiing trips, search for wildlife, or have a peaceful ocean side getaway. Whether you want to be on land, on water, in the woods, or on a mountain-top, Maine offers a vast selection of four-season choices.
Things to do in Maine
- Mountain Climbing
- Dog Sledding
- Cross Country Ski
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Bird Watching
- Moose Tours
- Whale Watching
Stephen King's Victorian Home
- The home is located in Bangor, Maine; the setting for Stephen King's popular novel It.
- It was built as early as 1858.
- SK Tours of Maine offers tours seven days a week year round.
- Your will see places he has lived and worked, places that have inspired his stories, and actual film locations from his movies.
- Maine harvests the majority of the lobster in the U.S.
- Besides the normal colored lobsters, Maine lobster-men have also discovered rare blue, yellow, red, and white ones.
- The largest lobster in captivity is at the Maine State Aquarium in Boothbay Harbor. The lobster weighs over 24 pounds and is estimated to be almost 100 years old. The aquarium is also home to a blue lobster, which are quite rare, approximately 1 in 1 million.
Maine - Office of Tourism - TV Commercial - TV Advert - TV Spot - The Travel Channel - USA - 2011