Super Second Grade News
"Walk in Faith with Mercy and Grace"
Week of April 11- April 15, 2016
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! The Flat Stanley/Stella project is due this week 4/11-4/15. We will be presenting the projects as they come in. Your pictures can be put on a poster board, put into an album, power point, or even made into a movie. Please make sure your child is knowledgable of the locations their Flat Stanley/Stella visited so they can present it to the class.
Just a reminder: Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is due April 15th. Please go to the school website and click on admissions. Follow the steps to make sure your child is registered for the new school year :)
I also wanted to let you know that our First Eucharist Retreat to the Sacred Heart Retreat Center is on Wednesday April 27. We will be going as a class. Parents will be dropping off and picking up.
Thank you for all your support!
Miss Ekno and Mrs. Brown
Wednesday: Mass Uniform
Thursday: Late Start 9:15
Friday: Prayer Service in church at 2pm; Wear blue shirts; Last day of infant supply drive
Saturday: Annie Jr. Play; Registration for 2016-2017 school year
A Flash About Our Week
- Reading: Penguin Chick-assessment Friday
- Small group reading: Teacher's Pet
- Read 10 minutes each night
- Daily 5 practice- read to self, listen to reading, read to someone, word work, and work on writing. We will be doing this in the class to increase our Language Arts practice.
- working on time measurement
- Unit 26 Assessment-Friday
- Flat Stanley/Stella project due this week
- Beginning Family Unit
- Ecosystems and habitats
- Family Life- look at parent connection
Weekly Words to the Rescue!
Unit 24 List1. carry
13. The puppy is six weeks old.
14. The joke was super funny.
15. She wore a pretty dress.
11. The boy sang on stage.
12. The plane went up in the sky.
otherwise- if things were different
junior- younger or having a lower rank
waterproof- something that doesn't allow water through it
slippery- difficult to hold on to
webbed- having skin between the toes
steer- to control the direction in which something is going
whistle- a high musical sound