St. Louis Catholic High School l Thurs., August 18, 2022
What a great start to the 2022-2023 school year! Many thanks to everyone who helped prepare the campus for our Saints. See below for special recognition.
It won’t take long for routines to become established and the rhythm of school more consistent, so let’s be patient with each other. A few key reminders:
- Next week's schedule will be more consistent with dismissal times. Though dismissal times vary slightly on certain weeks, we try to avoid this and communicate any unusual dismissal times.
- A portion of the orientation focused on school safety and the school crisis plan. More information will be provided next week as we continue to share safety tips.
- Weekly newsletters with important information are emailed to those listed in our SIS FACTS system every Thursday afternoon. Check your SPAM folder. To update contact information, call the front office.
- Lunches, practice clothes, etc. for students should be sent with students each morning. We understand the occasional hurried morning, but please help teach responsibility and executive functioning skills by having your student prepared for the day.
- Not clear on something? Please have your student ask the appropriate adult either in person or by email. All faculty and staff should respond to questions within 24 hours.
Go Saints Forever -
Mia Touchet, Principal
We aren’t creating any new rules to go by this year, we will just be working toward being more consistent with what we have across the board.
All students were talked to about dress code, so if you student comes to you and tells you they have the wrong shoes, pants, socks, in need of haircut, etc., then please help them take care of those issues.
These first few days are somewhat of a grace period, but beginning with next week, discipline procedures will be implemented.
Cellphone usage on campus is something that we will be putting a large emphasis on this year, so please encourage your child to turn their phone off or on silent during the school day, and to turn it into each class’s cellphone pocket chart at the beginning of each class. So many disciplinary issues occur due to cellphone misuse, so the more they can be detached from it during the school day, the better. Please, if you need to reach your student, email them. They will have their computers with them throughout most of the day, every day.
Please help your student be here at school on time every day. We are aware that there are situations that we can’t always control, but many students are habitually late or absent, which makes it difficult to pass for the year either academically or due to seat time.
First Day Smiles
Student Drop Off & Parking Pick-Up
Student Drop Off & Parking
Student drop off and parking will be the same as last year along 9th street making a right turn on Kirkman Street. Students should not arrive on campus before 7:15 when a duty teacher is present.
- Vehicles should travel west only, coming from Bank Street, and drop off students on the west end of 9th St.
- Students are to stay in their vehicles until pulling into the semicircle for drop off.
- After drop off, vehicles are to proceed to Kirkman for departure.
Student parking will be as follows:
- Seniors- West end of the Kirkman and 7th St. parking lot.
- Juniors- East end of same parking lot, and the remainder of the parking available on 7th.
- Sophomores- Parking lot along Bank.
- Any over flow will park along 9th by the concession stand
- For after school pickup, parents will follow the same route.
Student drop off and pickup will not be allowed in the teacher parking lot along Kirkman.
Parking Tags- All student drivers must purchase a parking tag each year in the front office for $35. The deadline to purchase is August 25.
Lunch on campus – All students that eat the school lunches will now be charged through FACTS. You will receive a statement each month. Each lunch is $2.75. If approved for Free/Reduced lunch then it will be .40. There will be no free lunches this year unless your family is approved for DC. See the August menu by clicking here.
All families should complete the free/reduced lunch application even if your student will not eat a lunch. Please return to Dawn Mayo in the office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows us to earn free money! Thanks for your help!
Medication Form- Please complete if your student will be taking medication at school & return it to the front office..
PE Uniforms- Uniforms will be discussed with students during orientation.
IF your student did not complete the computer set up, they may watch this video and see Mrs. LeJeune in the library with any questions.
FACTS & Parent Meetings
New students and parents must complete these steps to set up their FACTS account. The parent AND the student will each need to create an account. Please email email@example.com with any issues. If there is an issue with a student's schedule, he or she must complete this form and meet with a counselor. We hope to see you at the upcoming parent meetings!
last names A - J
last names K - Z
Schedule: Week of August 22
Schedule for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
Thursday, August 25
Adjusted Schedule - Mass with Bishop Provost & House Reveal
Required for Theology
The Bible being used is the Iganatius Bible: Revised Standard version-Second Catholic Edition-Hardcover
You may purchase them at:
Crossroads Book Store
3113 Ryan St Ste 4,
Lake Charles, LA 70601
If you have any questions, please email Monica Broussard, Theology Department Chair.
Apply Now for Saints Ambassadors
- Please fill out the Ambassador application.
- Applying does not guarantee acceptance.
- There will only be 60 spots available- Seniors Only.
- Application is due Friday, September 9, 2022.
FEAST DAY OF ST. LOUIS - AUGUST 25
Saints football will host Leesville in a scrimmage Friday, August 19 on campus.
- JV will kick off at 6 p.m. and play two eight-minute halves
- Varsity will follow with two 12-minute halves.
- Admission is $5 per person and SLCHS students and faculty get in FREE!
· We will utilize all four available parking lots for the scrimmage – 9th Street, Kirkman (teacher lot), 7th Street (old gym lot), and Bank Street (old student lot).
· The industrial lot will be reserved for football players and spaces in the Bank lot will be blocked off for the Leesville buses.
· There will be only two points of entry onto campus – the Bank Street gate and the 9th Street gate near the concession stand.
· Fans parking in the 9th and Kirkman lots will enter at the concession stand. Fans parking in the gym and Bank lots will enter at the Bank gate.
· No re-entry will be allowed. Uniformed security will be present around the field and in all parking areas.
· As seating is limited, fans are asked to bring lawn chairs.
Come out and cheer on the Saints to victory in their first interscholastic competition of the 2022-23 school year!
Game Day Football Program Deadline Friday, August 19
Get your ad for this year's Game Day Football Program! Everything will be in full color.
Full Page- $300
Quarter Page- $100
All Game Day Program Ads are due no later than Friday, August 19th! Click here to purchase your ad. Upon submission for payment, you will receive an email that allows you to upload your artwork. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Mini Cheer Camp - Saturday, October 1
Location: St. Louis Catholic High School Pavilion
Registration fee: $45 per child ($5 discount for each additional sibling of the same household)
- Cheer clinic t-shirt to be handed out on game day
- Camper's admission into home football game vs. Westlake on October 7
- Introduction to basic cheerleading skills - jumps, motions, and stunting
- cheer, chant, and dance performance for 1 quarter of the football game
- parent showcase at 11:45 am on the day of clinic on St. Louis HS football field
Click here for a registration form.
Contact email@example.com to submit completed registration forms.
- Parent Guild - preparing and cleaning the teacher’s lounge with decorations and nourishment for the staff. What a treat!
- CC’s Coffee House - coffee, cookies, and free drink coupons donations for our faculty & staff
- Ladonna Simon – Welcome back signage to make our students feel extra special.