Volume 1, Issue 1 April 2016
Welcome to the NPSS Newsletter
Welcome to the first edition of the NPSS Newsletter! The purpose of this newsletter is to share important information with the NPSS staff, such as Good News, Upcoming Events & Due Dates, Things to Remember, and Procedural Changes, as well as any other General Information items. We hope the newsletter serves as an effective way to communicate what's going on in NPSS. If you would ever like to submit an entry for our newsletter, please let Todd and Paige know. We would love to share what's going on in your school!
Wednesday, April 20th-Spring 2016 Nonpublic Principals' Meeting
Friday, May 20th-EOY Benchmark Due Date
Monday, May 23rd-Title I/Act 89 Parent Night
Wednesday, June 15th-Literacy Symposium at Desales University
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- If you are interested in participating in the Title I/Act 89 Parent Engagement Night, please email or call Todd with your proposed plan/activity.
- If you are looking for any professional development, please check out the CIU20 website http://www.ciu20.org/cms/lib07/PA01916263/Centricity/Domain/13/Winter-Spring%202016%20Course%20Workshop%20Book.pdf
- If you haven't done so already, please complete and submit workday calendars, mileage forms, split-day funding forms, and office sign-in logs for April ASAP.
- Submit warehouse orders for next school year electronically.
- Submit ink cartridge requests for next school year via email to office.
- Submit personal requisitions for classroom materials electronically.
- The staff meeting scheduled for April 19th has been cancelled and will be held in the afternoon of April 20th.
- Please send home your Title I Parent Surveys by the end of April.
FROM THE TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
Below is a link to self-paced webinars on Learning A-Z. If you have never been trained on the program, here are some opportunities to do so.
FROM THE READING COMMITTEE
- Progress Monitor DIBELS Next
- Please respond to Kathy B's email regarding your preference of QRI-6 training (1/2 day or full day).
- Orders are due soon! Please send suggestions for reading materials that might interest the whole staff to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 23. If you want the little (2"x3") blank flashcards and/or the long (3"x 9") cards, please email Kathy size and quantity also by April 23rd.
FROM THE MATH COMMITTEE
- Progress Monitor AimsWeb
- Todd has contacted Pearson regarding an AimsWeb refresher training for the Math Committee. More details forthcoming.