powerful professional learning
Twilight PD - Tuesday, 15th April
3.15 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Lecture Theatre - H Block
Revisit the Pimpama Vision for Learning
What makes us different to other schools?
Explore our Whole-School Approach
What are the underlying beliefs about literacy + design thinking?
Practise using Classroom Strategies
Collaborate and play while applying techniques for improved learning
Twilight Program Outline:
3.15 p.m. Afternoon tea + twilight session outline
3.30 p.m. Whole-school Literacy - what are the 'Super 7' Strategies for Term 2?
5.00 p.m. Design Thinking - what is it and how has PSSC interpreted it?
5.15 p.m. How might we..? - staff collaborate to embed literacy/design thinking in planning
5.30 p.m. Finish
Please bring the readings and your sense of fun!
- Pimpama State Secondary College Genre Guide - pdf
- Design Thinking - dSchool (Stanford University) - website
- Your school, your future (starring a certain HOD) - Design Minds/State Library of QLD - exemplar unit
- Literacy Continuum - ACARA
- Literacy Indicators - QSA