Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - April 8, 2021
Dear Blue Hills Families,
We are working towards a full in-person reopening on April 29. Please read the summary and reopening plan linked here.
Please review the following important reminders:
- Family ID is open for SPRING SPORTS. Family ID will be closed on APRIL 28, 2021. Students MUST Register in Family ID in order to participate. Students MUST have a current physical on file. Students without current physicals will NOT BE ALLOWED to try out.
- Graduation and Senior Events will be announced soon for the end of the year; mark your calendars for Graduation on June 8.
- Curbside PICKUP for the Chateau Restaurant: Curbside pickup begins on Thursdays and Fridays on 4/8 with a limited menu. Customers can order by calling 781-828-5800 x2420 from 11-12:30. They can also place an advance order by calling from 9-10 in the morning. All orders must be paid by credit card, no cash will be accepted. If interested, please join our email mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Spectators (outdoors only):
- Spectators must remain 6 feet apart from other groups/households at all times.
- Masks must be worn at all times (including on the bleachers and seating areas overlooking fields.)
- No spectators are allowed on the playing fields or on the track or inside gated areas.
- Spectators are strongly encouraged to bring their own chairs.
- Spectators should not stand along the fence in front of the bleachers.
Upcoming Schedule - IN-PERSON Days
(subject to change)
Parking/Drop-Off/Pickup - Please Review!
- If you are dropping off a student-athlete in the afternoon, please do NOT drive by parked busses. Please park and drop off, or drop off before 2:20 or after busses leave.
- Do not park or pickup at the front entrance after school. Parents/Guardians picking up after school should pull alongside the front of the gym and cafeteria into the East lot, or find a spot to park and wait.
- Congestion is increasing in the afternoon with athletics and more students in-person; please be patient and thanks for your caution while entering and exiting the campus.
Free and Reduced Lunch: PEBT Information
The Blue Hills Booster Club can be found on facebook for general information. You can find more detailed information through the school website by clicking on the Student/Parents tab then click on the Booster Club.
The Booster Club meets via zoom on the 4th Wednesday of each month. The calendar will provide information on store hours, meeting notes, times, and link to zoom, and upcoming events. If you should have any further questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Information - From Nurse Gainey
Massachusetts has called off the flu shot requirement for this academic year, but it is still recommended that students receive a flu shot.
Please send your records of physical exams to Nurse Gainey.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
*DAILY SYMPTOM CHECK
EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS CAN HAPPEN
What you do next will help control the spread of the infection:
TESTING, TRACING, ISOLATION, COMMUNICATION
- If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms please stay home and get tested.
- If someone in your home tests positive you must quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you become symptomatic.
- If you are informed that you are a close contact (within less than or equal to 6 feet for 10 to 15 minutes over 24 hours with or without mask or if someone coughed or sneezed directly in your unmasked face) you MUST quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if symptomatic.
- If a family member is identified as a close contact, and you are NOT symptomatic, you are expected to come to school. If that family member tested positive you would then be considered a close contact and be required to quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you became symptomatic.
- If you return from out of state travel, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.
- Please notify the school firstname.lastname@example.org asap or call Mrs. Gainey RN @ 781-828-5800 X 2230 or Mrs. Pica @ X 2250 in Student Affairs if you are absent or to report a COVID-19 concern.
All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through the end of this school year.
Students that are learning at home are eligible for meal pickup - please click on the link below to place orders and learn more:
IT Support & Remote Learning
Remote Academic Schedules
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.
Community, Opportunity, Relevance, Employability