Troop 1 Seekonk
From the Desk of the Scoutmaster
Tuesday, April 12th, 6:30-8pm
165 Newman Avenue
New time: 6:30pm
Yawgoog Hat Inventive
Tuesday, April 19th, 7pm
650 Newman Avenue
Tuesday, April 26th, 7-8:15pm
650 Newman Avenue
- The first years will start their trail to Eagle by learning Scout requirements.
- Scouts taking the cooking merit badge will share their knowledge of careers in food service and discuss.
- All other scouts will meet with patrol leaders to discuss future plans for upcoming meetings.
- Ideas to think about from previous PLC meetings:
- Cook off at camp Buxton.
- Retire old flags.
- More ideas you have!
Other Earth Day clean-ups
- Save the bay link: http://www.savebay.org/volunteer
- Earth Month Clean-up
Date: Saturday, April 16
Location: Kimberly Rock Field (Behind the Wolf School) 220 Ferris Ave, Rumford
• We'll help the Ten Mile River Watershed Council clean up the area around Central Pond. This is a land and water clean-up. Only Boy Scouts with their swimming merit badge may go into the water to collect trash.
• Come when you can between 9am-1pm, you don't have to stay the entire time.
• Bring bug spray and work gloves, the council will provide trash bags
• Food and drinks will be provided
• The Ten Mile River Watershed Council is a state designated non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and restoration of the Ten Mile River and it's watershed. The Council works hard to keep the river and forests open, clean, and safe for future generations. Many members of the council are former scouts themselves, so they reached out to us to help with their clean-up efforts.
• Family, friends and other scouts are invited to join us.
Greenway Steward Program
The TMRWC is also looking for Greenway Stewards. We are looking for volunteers to regularly walk a section of the Greenway between Pawtucket and East Providence, checking on the condition of the woods and picking up litter. Each section of Greenway is 1 mile long. The TMRWC will provide all of the supplies needed. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org