February 11, 2021
Please help share this information with parents of Herndon students so we are getting the word out to all of our families.
Tuesday, 2/9 - Monday, 2/22 - World's Finest Chocolate Sale
Friday, 2/12 - Teacher PD Day - NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
Monday, 2/15 - Wednesday, 2/17 - WINTER BREAK - NO SCHOOL
Thursday, 2/18 @ 6PM - 8th Grade Open House at Northwood
Monday, 2/22 - Progress Reports Printed
Tuesday, 2/23 - Progress Reports Available to Parents
Tuesday, 2/23 - LEAP Tech Readiness Check
Friday, 2/26 - LAST DAY to purchase a Yearbook
Saturday, 3/6 - High School Magnet Testing for 8th Graders (details below)
Monday, 3/15 - Friday, 3/19 - SPRING BREAK - NO SCHOOL
Friday, 3/26 - Last day of 3rd Nine Weeks
Monday, 3/29 - First day of 4th Nine Weeks
Friday, 4/2 - Monday, 4/5 - EASTER BREAK - NO SCHOOL
Monday, 4/26 - Wednesday, 5/26 - LEAP Testing Window for 5th - 8th Grades (detailed schedule available in February)
Wednesday, 4/8 - Tuesday, 5/4 - LEAP Testing for 3rd and 4th Grades
Wednesday, 4/28 - Progress Reports Printed
Thursday, 4/29 - Progress Reports Available to Parents
Friday, 5/28 - Last day of School
Thursday, 2/11 @ 5:30 PM - 6th Boys vs. Evangel @ Herndon*
Thursday, 2/11 @ 6:30 PM - 8th Boys vs. Evangel @ Herndon*
Monday, 2/15 @ 5:30 - 6th Boys vs. Calvary @ Calvary
Monday, 2/15 @ 6:30 - 8th Boys vs. Calvary @ Calvary
Tuesday, 2/16 @ 5:30 - 6th Boys vs. Force @ Force
Tuesday, 2/16 @ 6:30 - 8th Boys vs. Force @ Force
Tuesday, 2/23 @ 6:30 - Girls vs. PCA @ Herndon*
Thursday, 2/25 @ 5:30 PM - 6th Boys vs. PCA @ Herndon*
Thursday, 2/25 @ 6:30 PM - 8th Boys vs. Magnolia @ Herndon*
*Herndon gym seating limited to the first 90 persons
Girls' Soccer Schedule
Thursday, 02/25 @ Bossier High vs. Benton @ 5:30 PM
Monday, 03/01 @ North Caddo High vs. Calvary @ 5:30 PM
Thursday, 03/04 @ North Caddo High vs. Rusheon @ 5:30 PM
Tuesday, 03/09 @ North Caddo High vs. North Desoto @ 5:30 PM
Thursday, 03/11 @ North Caddo High vs. Webster JH @ 5:30 PM
Tuesday, 03/23 @ Bossier High vs. Cope @ 5:30 PM
Thursday, 03/25 @ North Caddo High vs. Donnie Bickham @ 5:30 PM
Monday, 03/29 @ Lee Hedges vs. Youree Drive @ 5:30 PM
Thursday, 04/01 @ North Desoto vs. North Desoto @ 5:30 PM
World's Finest Chocolate Easter Bunny & Chocolate Almonds
Herndon Swim Team
Here are the details:
- Open to students in 5th through 8th grades
- Coaches will train experienced and inexperienced swimmers in the 4 competitive strokes - free style, back stroke, breast stroke, and butterfly.
- Practices are held at Southside Swim Club on Mackey Lane in Shreveport. (20 minute drive from N. Market I-49 on ramp).
- Practice - Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 7:00 to 8:00 PM
- Practices start immediately and the season runs through May 8
- Cost is $250 - includes coaching and all entry fees
- There are 4 regular meets and a championship meet
- Head Coach Tara Hardin
If you have additional questions or want to join the team, please email email@example.com with your student's name and grade and your cell phone number no later than Friday, February 18, 2021.
Zoom Protocols and Etiquette for Students
- Join the Zoom meeting through the link on your teacher's Canvas page.
- Use your full first and last name.
- Be on time.
- Mute your microphone unless the teacher calls on you to speak. If possible, you should wear earphones with a mic to prevent background noise.
- Have your camera turned on so that teachers can verify your attendance.
- Dress in accordance with CPSB dress code policy.
- If the teacher calls on you and you do not respond to repeated attempts of contact, they can and will remove you from the Zoom classroom.
- If you are not dressed or behaving appropriately, the teacher can and will remove you from the Zoom classroom. Disciplinary action may be taken.
- If you get an error message or something is not working correctly, IMMEDIATELY take a screen shot and message it to your teacher in Canvas.
Quarantine Students Attendance
Virtual and Quarantine Class Schedule, Attendance, and Participation
- The school day begins at 8 AM and ends at 3:25 PM. (At home students, whether quarantine or virtual, are expected to follow their schedule and complete their work during this time. There may be additional work assigned as "homework" that traditionally is done at home after school.)
- ALL students attend class according to their class schedule - whether on campus, virtual, or in quarantine. (Middle school students, if you are in third period band, you should be attending Mrs. Jones' Zoom lesson from 9:35 to 10:19. If she doesn't have a live Zoom lesson, you should be working on the written lesson in Canvas from 9:35 to 10:19.)
- When an assignment is due at the end of the period, it must be submitted at the end of the period whether a student is on campus, virtual, or in quarantine. (Students at home do not have the option to wait and do the assignment later. If a student does this, it is considered late work and does not have to be accepted by the teacher or may have the grade docked for being late.)
- Tests are taken at the date and time assigned by the teacher and are submitted at the end of the allotted time for testing. (If a math test is scheduled for Tuesday and you are in 3rd/4th period math, you must get on your math Zoom at 9:35 and take your test while the teacher can monitor you on Zoom. When the teacher collects the test or ends the test in the classroom, students at home must submit their test at that time. You cannot wait until later in the evening to submit the test.
We know there will be instances when there are internet or electricity issues, personal illness, etc... But those cases will be handled on an individual basis by each teacher.
8th Grade Students and Parents
January 22 - March 12
Mondays at 10:00 AM
Fridays at 10:00 AM and 3:30 PM
- All students must be accompanied by an adult or caregiver.
- Due to Parish guidelines, only Caddo students may attend 3:30 tours.
- Adults and caregivers may attend without students.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
North Caddo Magnet High School
8th Grade Open House
Monday, February 22, 2021 @ 6 PM
Northwood High School
8th Grade Open House
Thursday, February 18 @ 6 PM
See Mrs. Ross for an application
Southwood High School
Howdy from the Ranch! Click the link below to fill out your child's Biotechnology Magnet Program application today! SHS Cowboys who complete our advanced curriculum will be well-prepared to succeed in college or the career of their choice! Students in Biotech Magnet are provided many opportunities to earn college credits while still in high school through programs such as Advanced Placement, CLEP, and Dual Enrollment. Many great things await your child in the Biotech/STEM careers and we are ready here at Southwood to provide the support and mentorship you child deserves to help them flourish in high school and post-secondary education. Application deadline is March 15, 2021.
Howdy from the Ranch! Click the link below to fill out your child's Math, Science & Technology (MST) application today! Southwood has a number of unique STEM pathways such as FIRST Robotics, EAST, CyberSecurity, and Biomedical Sciences. Students who successfully complete the curriculum for the path of their choice, will exit high school with the credentials to immediately enter the work-force in the field of their choice and/or earn college credits towards their Associate's Degree. Read more about these pathways in the form linked below. Application deadline is March 15, 2021.
High School Magnet Testing Opportunity
Online registration for students requiring a retest to enroll in a high school magnet program will be open from January 23 - February 19. Testing will be held at Youree Drive Middle School, Saturday, March 6. A limited number of seats are available. Parents can register online at www.locallevelevents.com(search for Magnet Testing in Shreveport).
Virtual Students Attendance
Spring Semester Events
Progress Reports are now available in Student Progress Portal. If you have trouble creating or resetting your account, please call 221-7676 and Mrs. Sparaco can help you.
Jean/Spirit Day vs. Free Dress Day
- Jean/Spirit Fridays mean students can wear denim pants, shorts, or skirts (no more than 4" above the knee) without holes showing skin, windsuit pants with pockets, or athletic shorts with pockets with a uniform or Herndon shirt.
- Free dress days are ONLY on the last school day before a school holiday. Last year we had free dress every Friday as a reward for the previous year's test scores.