How to Access Schoology
Parents/Guardians of 6-12 Students
Did you know you have a parent account in Schoology?
Schoology is our learning management system (LMS), and it contains information for the secondary (grades 6-12) students: assignments, course content, and current grades for every class.
Parents can monitor their student's course work, set up alerts, and more with a parent account.
We highly recommend using this system on a desktop or laptop vs. a smartphone.
The information below will explain how parent/guardian users can log in.
⬇️ Connect to your parent account
Access your Schoology with the🚨the same email used for your PowerSchool account. 🚨
- Enter your email address (the one you used in PowerSchool) in Email field.
- Click on the "Send My Login Info" button.
- You will receive an email from Schoology with instructions on how to reset your password.
- You may need to check a spam or junk folder in your email account. If you don't see the email, you may contact your child's school to confirm the email in your PowerSchool account.
Finding your child's information
Once signed in, you will see a circle with your name on the top right corner of the screen. If you click it, you'll open a drop down menu. Click on your child's circle and you will access their information. (See example below.)
- In the "GRADES" tab, you will be able to see assignment and grade information.
- FINAL GRADES are recorded in PowerSchool.
- Selecting the "COURSES" tab, you will see materials shared with the students as part of their coursework. This feature is used in secondary schools.
What can parents access in Schoology?
Assignment Calendar/Due Dates
Student Assignment and Assessment Grades
Current Overall Grades
Teacher Comments & Feedback
How do I set up notifications for information about my child(ren)?
Parents can sign up to receive emails with information about their child(ren)'s activity in Schoology. To save email settings in your parent account:
Click the down facing arrow on the top right of your account.
Select a child from the list that appears in the dropdown menu.
Once you're viewing the child's account, click the down facing arrow.
Select the Notifications option in the dropdown menu.
From the Notifications area, you can elect to receive one or both of two email summaries:
To receive the Parent Email Digest, select On in your Email Summary menu.
You can receive emails on a Daily or Weekly basis. If you choose Daily, you may set a time at which the notification will be sent to your inbox. If you choose Weekly, you'll have an additional option to select the day of the week you'd like to receive the email.
To receive the Overdue Submissions Email, select On in the Email Notification menu.
Click Save Changes to update your settings.