Volume 2, Issue 6
Our Week At A Glance
- Monday (10/12)
- Student Holiday, Staff Development
- Campus Professional Learning - Meet @ HCTC @ 8:30
- Paraprofessionals stay on campus @ EW and work
- Football vs Azle Hornets/5:30,6:45/B,A 7th@Azle HS/8th@CTHS
- Tuesday (10/13)
- Student Holiday, Staff Development
- District Professional Learning
- Paraprofessionals stay on campus @ EW unless you work with the SPED dept.
- Sped dept. attend training at HDC in room 222.
- Wednesday (10/14)
- PTO Meeting 6:00 pm
- Thursday (10/15)
- Instructional Rounds in room 237 during conference periods
- Volleyball vs Azle @ EW @ 5:30 B & 6:30 A
- Tennis Match vs. Azle @ Azle @ 4:00
- Friday (10/16)
- Jeans day with EW, EMS, or College shirt
- Recovery Resource with 8th grade students during Health & Media Mania
- CTHS Homecoming
- Saturday (10/17)
- Cross Country District Meet @ HMS @ 8 am
- PTO Yard Sale @ Ed Willkie
Important Date Reminders & Upcoming Dates
10/15 - Instructional Rounds - This amazing learning experience will take place during your conference period. We will meet in room 237 at the very beginning of each period. All you need is your 3 rubrics (rigor, relevance, and learner engagement)
10/15 – Our girls coaches & students have organized a Burgundy out day for their game – we your Coach May shirt if you have one and we also have burgundy ribbons that you can wear – If you donated to Education Foundation, you can wear your Coach May shirt with jeans
- 10/19- CTHS 2015 Homecoming Shirt with Jeans
- 10/19 - Recovery Resource for 7th grade students through Science classes
- 10/19 - Choir Fall Concert for 7th and 8th grade @ EW @ 7 pm
- 10/19 - 10/23 - Student Council will be selling Boo Grams
- 10/20 - Choir Fall Concert for 6th grade @ EW @ 7 pm
- 10/22 - Dr. Chadwell Campus Visit 2 pm
- 11/11- Early dismissal 12:30; Parent Conferences 1:00-3:30; Academic Assembly & 2nd 6 weeks celebration
- 11/13- Normal school day on regular bell schedule
National School Lunch is this week! Please stop by the cafeteria and tell our cafeteria staff how much they are appreciated. They do a great job of feeding our students, our staff, and preparing great tea for us each day!
- If you need a new badge clip with our new district logo, please come and see Ashley.
- Mr. Sellers has taken on a 7th grade science class during 8th period and we are so thankful for his willingness to do this.
- Instructional Rounds have been moved from 10/14 to 10/15. See you all during your conference period.
- When printing Eduphoria Scantrons please print to the Xerox in the copy room. Please do not print to your classroom printer as this affects the bar code on the bottom of the page and will not scan properly.
6th Grade Science is in need of old newspapers for a project they are starting. If you have any you can donate, please bring to Room 214 by the end of the day on Wednesday, October 14, 2015. Thank you for your support!
- Cathy Salamone- Thank you for bringing donuts to a sped meeting!
- Officer Harper- Thank you for being HE-MAN and opening the elevator! We appreciate all you do for us and we BACK THE BLUE!
- Bob Eikenberry- Thank you for being selfless and helping other teachers during your free time!
- Holly Willis- Thank you for adding our Ed Willkie TV video announcements to our campus webpage for all to enjoy!
- Bri Perry- Thank you for serving as the secretary for our first CPAC meeting this year!
- Danny Knowles- Thank you for conducting a positive and thorough PBIS walk through.
- David Kaiser, David Johnson and Dana Walker- Thank you for covering classes as needed!
- Bob Eikenberry- Thank you for swapping duties with a colleague in need!
- Kayla Bradford & Ashley Velasco- Thank you for covering classes when we have a need!
- Bri Perry & Jennifer Smith - Thank you for taking NJHS students to the Parkview Carnival to serve our community!
- Christie Warden - Thank you for continuing to take care of a student and her family in desperate need!
- Karen Walters - Thank you for going out of your way to serve our staff and communicate clearly!
- Jen Fifer - Thank you for working diligently to ensure our report cards are printed accurately!
- Susan Naizer, Emily Staples, and Cheryl Bonnick - Thank you for taking care of our guest teacher in 6th ELAR and our students!
- Garrett Smith - Thank you for taking care of our guest teacher in 6th Social Studies as well as our students!
- Katie Munk & Amy Huddleston - Thank you for working with CTHS counselors to provide the best opportunities for our students!
- Debbie Cromwell, Anthony Valle, and Annmarie Comer - Thank you for providing an outdoor and relevant learning experience for our 6th grade Science students!
- Priscilla Green - Thank you for sharing your heart!
- Richard Cox - Thank you completing pre-ARD worksheets for our students and asking questions when you weren't sure how to complete!
- Dawn Reynolds and Katie Groves - Thank you for covering classes when a sub job didn't fill!
- Gayatri Pandit - Thank you for your willingness to attend an ARD that began at 3:45 on a Friday afternoon!