Guiding a Child's Music Development
Singing, rhythm, and improv for Pre- K to 2nd grade teachers
Teachers as Music Models
- Learn 12 new songs, fingerplays, and rhythm games in multiple meters, harmonic modes, and expressive styles;
- Practice child-attunement exercises;
- Discover how to weave rhythm and melodic instruction into already-known cultural songs;
- Explore the latest research about how children learn to move to a beat and sing in tune;
- Plan a music center for the classroom
- Get a certificate of completion.
So ask yourself...
- Do you want a low-pressure, high-value workshop for your teachers?
- Do you want the teachers to guide their students to better rhythm and tunefulness?
- Do you want their learning underneath the fun to be based on the cutting-edge Gordon Music Learning Theory?
If you said yes to these, then...
Formerly Presented At Schools, Orchestras and Centers Like
The Harris County Department of Education
R.T. Garcia Early Childhood Winter Conference
Pleasanton Unified School District
Horizon School Program
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
"Let the Children Come" Early Childhood Education Conference
School directors, teachers, & experts said, "Five Stars!"
- Sheryl Azelton, Director at the Horizon School of Pleasanton USD, Pleasanton, CA
"Thank you for so much fun! I especially appreciated not sitting still and just listening the last session of the day."
--Christie Shaw, Teaching Assistant, The Rise School. Workshop participant, Harris County Department of Education Early Childhood Winter Conference
"...Enthusiastic, very well prepared, she had excellent classroom management skills and kept [us] interested in her very varied curriculum."
- Mary Alford, Director, Fair Haven Day School, Houston, TX
"One thing that stood out to me when I met Ekanem was her enthusiasm and her desire to help young children learn music. Her music classes are delightful. She is a wonderful model and teacher and is well educated in ways to help young children learn music."
-- Marilyn Lowe, M.A., MMus. Author, "Music Moves for Piano" Instruction Series. Faculty Member, Gordon Institute for Music Learning Theory.