A WORD TO THE WISE...
* COUNSELORS' WEEK - We have the BEST counselor around! This is the week to honor her! Please brainstorm with your teams and do something fun for Becky. Have your students make cards, sticky note her office, get her a gift card to her favorite place, SONIC!
*SCI://TECH - Remember that our students are participating in Sci://Tech this Saturday. Thank you James for all the hard work in putting this all together. If you have never been, it is a sight to behold. An entire convention center full of nothing but science experiments. Take a moment if you can and drop by. It runs from 9-4 at Lone Star Convention Center.
* VALENTINE'S DAY BAGS - Thank you so much for making Valentine's Day bags. They will be hung on the Shout out board until February 14. Please take time to drop several notes of appreciation into bags. Feel free to buy a box of Valentine's for everyone, a small piece of candy, a pencil, whatever you want. The more you can do, the merrier people will be!
* TUTORIAL TIME SHEETS - Are due to Kathie first thing Monday morning for the first 2 days.
* BIGGEST LOSER GROUP - Don't forget to weigh in on Monday!
* FOUNDATIONS TEAM - Will be off campus on Tuesday at training. Please bring Book C with you to the training.
* TELPAS - Basic Online training and Assembling and Verifying course certificates are due to Kara by February 8. Put them in her box. If you need to make changes to your TELPAS roster, see Kara!
* REMIND 101 - New notification came out this week that Verizon WILL support Remind 101 now!
*TUTORIALS - Started off this week well with great attendance. If you are not participating but are willing to sub for those teachers who are, please let Rachel Miller know.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW - IMPACT FEBRUARY 9
Yearly, Junior League of North Harris County and South Montgomery County offer a guest speaker to teacher/staff in area district, including CISD. This year the event will take place on Saturday, February 9 with doors opening at 8 and presentation starting at 9. DR. RICK RIGSBY will be the guest speaker this year. I've included a clip from him so that you can hear what we are in for that morning. If you are interested in attending, the link to Eduphoria registration is below. He sounds amazing!!!
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Rachel Miller, Maria Falcon, Kara Saly and Elsy DelSalto - for completing GT testing this week.
MACY MONTALVO - for doing so much work to help me out getting tutorials planned and prepped. - Missy
RACHEL MILLER - for tackling tutorials and getting off to a smooth, running start!
FELIX RODRIGUEZ - For taking on Robotics club and learning right along with the students!
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
2 - Sci://Tech
4-8 - Counselors' Week
4 - Team Leader
5 - Foundations Team training
7 - Gretchen Montgomery - math staff development during planning
8 - Poster Method
11 - Site based team meeting
12 - 4th writing benchmark - flip schedules with 4th and 2nd
13 - Tami to Principals' Meeting
14 - Donuts with Dad and Valentines' Day parties
15 - Tami Eldridge's birthday
18 - Staff Development Day - student holiday
19 - Board Meeting recognizing OR feeder zone
20 - Math coach visits planning sessions
21 - Chocolate Sales Kick Off
22 - Go Texan Day
22 - PTO Luncheon
22 - Poster Method
22 - Susan Hoffman's birthday
22-March 8 - Chocolate Sales
25 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
27 - Board Field trip to ORE
27 - Lisa McGarrah training for Mimeo
28 - Bilingual coach visit/Felix Rodriguez's birthday