ROOSEVELT BEAR TRACKS
- Stay Informed with ParentSquare:
- Engaging with your child's teacher and school on a regular basis improves your child's chances for successful learning. Please download the app if you have not already done so. Thank you!
- Roosevelt Parking Lot
- Drop off and Pick up are busy times at Roosevelt. Safety is our number one concern for our students and families. As you notice, the parking lot is full of cars, however, there are parking spaces available. During pick up, we are asking you to park in an available parking space and walk to get your child from their class line. Yes, this takes a little bit more time, but ensures safety for all students. This would also alleviate unnecessary congestion. Thank you for your attention in this matter.
- Success Starts with Attendance:
- Studies have shown that attendance is one of the highest impacting factors for student success. We are asking that ALL students attend every learning day and be at school on time. There is a high tardy rate of 30+ students who are missing 75-150 minutes of instruction every week. Let us work together for what's best for students. This starts with having your child ATTEND SCHOOL. Thank you for your support in your child's academic success.
- Student-Parent-Teacher Conferences:
- Conferences are right around the corner. Student-parent-teacher conferences are a great way to connect with and understand students and school better. These meetings provide the opportunity to work with students and reflect on their interests, performances and progress. Student-parent-teacher conferences empower students to identify, plan and set their own learning goals. If you have not signed up or received information regarding conferences, please reach out to your child's teacher today.
CHARACTER WORD OF THE MONTH
Strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage.
NOVEMBER 21 - 23 (NO SCHOOL)
National School Psychology Week
End of first quarter is October 27...this means the library will be sending notices to students and families that have books NOT returned, lost, or damaged. Students/Families are responsible for replacing the book or paying for it with a receipt in the office. The Roosevelt Library has an Amazon Wish List to help buy books at https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/7BQED7MDEPMW?ref_=wl_share
Please call the Roosevelt Library at 573-1707 or send Mrs. Hollrah a message on ParentSquare if needed.
Coming Up----Scholastic Book Fair in December
November 11th, In observance of Veteran's Day,
Is coming soon. Please be sure you child dresses accordingly.
STAY TUNED FOR FUN FAMILY ACTIVITES AND PIZZA!
HEALTH ROOM NEWS
> October 17 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at Health & Wellness Education
> October 20 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM at Eisenhower High School
> November 7 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at Adams Elementary School
> November 14 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at Franklin Middle School
For more information, please visit ysd7.org/hwe.
FREE TICKETS FOR STUDENTS!
Did you know parents that you can get free tickets for your children to attend concerts at "The Seasons" performance hall? Students must be with an adult.
Call The Season's Performance Hall at (509) 453-1888 for more information.
The Capital Theater has some free student concert tickets throughout the season. Students must be with an adult. Visit https://www.capitaltheater.org to find out about classical concert calendar dates or email Contact our Roosvelt STEAM teacher Mrs. Merrill for curren or upcoming t available tickets. firstname.lastname@example.org.