SkillsUSA Championships Information
SkillsUSA Wyoming Championships
The SkillsUSA Championships provides an opportunity for members to prove their industry-readiness by testing their skills and ability to standards set and assessed by industry partners and alumni. These competitive events begin at the local level and allow students to advance to the national level for recognition. Through the SkillsUSA Championships members are able to connect with professionals within the feild an develop relationships for future employment and success.
The State Leadership and Skills Conference is the pinnacle SkillsUSA Wyoming program allowing students to showcase their skill development around the essential elements of the SkillsUSA Framework. During the event, members will beocme aware of, demonstate, and highlight their mastery around six essential elements:
- Self- Motivation - remaining engaged & successful for the long term
- Professionalism - Creating a comfortable, respectful & safe culture
- Decision Making - Determing best possible results
- Planning, Organizing & Management - Completing your work
- Job-Specific Skills - Effectively fulfulling all job functions
- Safety and Health - Contributing to a safe & healthy work environment
The language around the SkillsUSA Framework allows members to articulate to employers their skills and how their time in SkillsUSA benefits employers.
These essential elements will be realized during pre-work, the championship contests, training experiences and special events. The SkillsUSA Framework we be celebrated through honoring our Chapters of Excellence. Displaying these skill sets allow students to showcase technical skills that connect students to employers as well as develop employability skills that are validated by our industry partners.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
- March 13, 2023 - Chapter Excellence Application Deadline = REBATE on SLSC Registration
- March 20, 2023 - State Leadership and Skills Conference Registration Closes
- March 27, 2023 - Advisor of the Year Application Deadline
- March 27, 2023 - 2023-2024 State Officer Application Deadline
- April 24-26, 2023 - State Leadership and Skills Conference, Casper College
- April 24: Check-in, written testing, and competitions begin
- April 25: Skilled competitions continue
- April 26: Awards Ceremony
- June 19-23, 2023 - National Leadership and Skills Conference, Atlanta, GA
The goal of SkillsUSA Wyoming is to provide local chapters with as much information as possible to be sucessful in recruiting and engaging members. It is highly recommended that you begin the membership process as soon as possible.
Wyoming State Leadership and Skills Conference
The 28th SkillsUSA Wyoming State Leadership and Skills Conference will be held April 24-26th, 2023. The conference will kick off on April 24th on the campus of Casper College. April 24th, we will conduct all leadership contests and begin skilled competitions. On April 25th, we will continue with skilled competitions and celebrate our accomplishments with a dinner and dance in the evening. On Wednesday, April 26th, our medal ceremony will recognize the gold, silver, and bronze medalists of each contest. The top competitor(s) in each contest will have the opportunity to represent Wyoming at the National Leadership and Skills Conference in Atlanta, Georgia in June.
Conference Registration Information
All individuals attending conference must be registered as a member of SkillsUSA by February 1, 2023. Membership and registration will be completed through the SkillsUSA national website.
General Student Membership: $15
- Access to SkillsUSA programming and events.
Professional Membership: $27
- Access to the Framework Integration Tool Kit, Program of Work Toolkit, Jump in to STEM Curiculum and Champions Toolkit which includes the Technical Standards Competition Guides; many have significant changes for 2023.
Wyoming State Leadership and Skills Conference: $75
- Chapters who achieve level 1 or QUALITY CHAPTER of the SkillsUSA Chapter Excellence Program will receive a $5 registration rebate per paid member registered.