By Jackie Almaraz and Trinity Fletchall
- Salt contributes to flavor.
- It controls the fermentation in the yeast and it has a strengthening protein.
- Salt is most found in the seas.
- The types of salt are: kosher, sea, iodized and regular salt.
- The average price for salt is $2.
- When baking, salts main purpose is to tighten the gluten structure and provide flavor.
- Without salt the baked product would have a flat, insipid taste.
- If you need a salt sub. , use lemon juice, it works sometimes so don't use it all the time.
- The recipe below uses salt to make roasted garlic salt.
- Roman soldiers were paid is salt, the word salary also comes from salt
- It's not possible to live without salt
- Salt has 14,000 different uses