Veterans Day, Book Talk,
and Talent Show too!
Many Exciting Events Coming Your Way @ BME!
- November 12th @ 1:30 is our Veterans Day Celebration. The children will be singing, and a reception will follow for our honored guests. To attend, pre-registration is required. (Info included below)
- November 14th @ 6:00 is our Book Talk Night. (See info below)
- November 17th @ 2:00 is our 3rd Annual Talent Show. Abundant cuteness and fun await.
Veterans Day Celebration
Guests Must Pre-Register
The Boone Meadow students and staff look forward to celebrating our American heroes from 1:30-2:15 on Monday, November 12th*, 2018
- The celebration and presentation from students will begin promptly at 1:30 in our gymnasium.
- Following the program (at approximately 2:15) our honored Veterans have the option to remain for a reception which will include light treats and drinks. We hope you will be able to join us!
- Students that have Veteran guests in attendance will be able to remain for the reception. However, all students staying for the reception or have transportation changes will require written consent in order to do so. More information to come.
- All guests will need to pre-register using the link below.
***Note: Visitor Check-In for Veterans Day Celebration (Required for guests)
On the date of our program, we expect to have a high volume of visitors. To keep our students safe but also manage our visitor check-in system promptly, please make note of the following items:
#1 - Signing in is necessary at front desk if you plan to attend our program.
#2 - Click here to do a pre-registration check-in. It's quick and easy!
- Page 1: Select the green “Next Step” button.
- Page 2: Enter your name & birthday when prompted. When it asks for "Building" select Boone Meadow Elementary. Select the green “Next Step” button.
- Page 3: When prompted for “Person Visiting” use the student’s name, then type “Veterans Day” when it asks for your “Reason for Visit.”
- It will then ask for the date of the visit. Please use the date of the actual event, November 12, 2018.
- Disregard the “If you’d like to notify anyone portion…” on this page and hit Next
Family Book Talk Night
Pick your books
BME Family Book Club Night November 14th, 6:00-7:00pm
On Wednesday, November 14, 2018, BME will host Family Book Club night. The Family Book Club project is the result of a partnership among the Zionsville Education Foundation, ZCS elementary schools, and the Butler University College of Education, and is made possible through generous funding from the Duke Energy Foundation.
Each elementary student and his/her family will choose a book by author Eve Bunting. Families will have two weeks to read the book together and begin discussion on the rich topics Ms. Bunting’s books provide. At the end of the two weeks, we will gather at BME for Family Book Club night including a short presentation about the author and breakout discussion groups in a book club-type setting.
Please click or type the link below to select your top three book choices for each student and to RSVP for the Family Book Club at BME on Wednesday, November 14 from 6:00pm-7:00pm. Your RSVP will help us to ensure adequate staffing for rich book club discussions during the evening.
The Eve Bunting titles we will explore are: Dandelions, The Wall, The Wednesday Surprise, and The Memory String. Books will be distributed in your child’s class.