Catherine The Great
Monarch of Russia
- Had complete authority over the Eastern Orthodox Church
- Expanded Russia to the Black Sea and Europe
- Promoted westernization and modernized education
- Helped make Russia a world power
- Successful military ruler
- Improved administration
- Won several wars
- Took away all rights of serfs after a couple brutal rebellions
- Directed the building of the Hermitage Museum
How Her Reign Reflected Absolute Monarchy
She had complete authority over the Eastern Orthodox Church.
How Her Reign Reflected Divine Right
She took away all rights of serfs after a couple brutal rebellions.
Kings/Queens who claim absolute authority
The idea that God gave them a right to rule.