Newsletter from Employee Health Promotions
Employee Health Promotions in Your Building
- Watch for EHP FYI in your email each month, where we will highlight need to know and good to know information for your health and wellness.
- Get to know your Building EHP Representive(s), learn what activities they have planned for your building and join in!
- Mark your calendars and plan to participate in MAPS District-wide activities! February 10K A Day, May Shake It Up and Bike/Walk to Work Day - May 19th.
MAPS District Wellness Webpage
The District Wellness Webpage is up and running. It is the GO TO resource for you on your wellness journey. http://www.isd77.org/page/4602
Under STAFF tab, click DISTRICT WELLNESS
Hydration = Key to Health!
All staff of Mankato Area Public Schools were given the gift of a water bottle during opening week events. Over the summer, water fountains with bottle filling capacity - called HYDRATION STATIONS, were installed. This project of Employee Health Promotions was completed in partnership with Blue Earth and Nicollet Counties' SHIP programs. We thank them for their support and also offer a BIG shout out to District maintenance staff for speedy installation!
According to the CDC, drinking enough water every day is good for overall health. As plain drinking water has zero calories, it can also help with managing body weight and reducing caloric intake when substituted for drinks with calories, like regular soda. Drinking water can prevent dehydration, a condition that can cause unclear thinking, result in mood change, cause your body to overheat, constipation, and kidney stones.
Your challenge = fill your water bottle up 3 times each day
Vital Worklife Employee Assistance Program
Phone number is: 1-800-383-1908.
Website is: http://vitalworklife.com username-mankatoschools, password -member
Other Resources for Your Wellness
- MAPS Community Education and Recreation classes and events are advertised in the seasonal brochure each Fall, Winter and Summer. Employees are eligible for a $10 fee reduction for a class in each brochure. Each individual must register and provide their employee email address and work site. Contact the CER office at 507-387-5501 for more information.
- READY! for Kindergarten. At the time of a requested paternity/maternity leave, an employee is entitled to two (2) years of READY! for Kindergarten Classes advertised in the seasonal Early Childhood Brochure. Registration is conducted through the Early Learning Office by calling 507-625-4620 or stopping by the Family Learning Center, 820 Hubbell in Mankato and completing the paperwork process.