Friday, March 18th, 2016
Mrs. Jackson's Pre-K
A Peek Into Our Week!
- We have been learning about maps and how they help us find places, etc. A couple of our small groups have been able to make their own maps to special places and we will be working on the rest next week! Ask your child to show you how to make a map!
- Night and Day: Some students were able to learn more about day and night and show us what they know about day and night in their journals! We will continue these next week, as well.
- I See A Rainbow books: We have been working hard to create little rainbow books this week, too! Students have been working hard to remember the colors of the rainbow and how to write the color words, too!
- Tuesday we had the opportunity to attend an incredible assembly for St. Patrick's day presented by Lisa Kelly and her family. The students loved it and left singing and dancing like the Irish! I hope they will show you, too!
- Lucky the Leprechaun visited our classroom yesterday for St. Patrick's Day! He was very mischievous and made a mess in our room, used our potty, left only green skittles and some coins for us, and stepped in the trap of green paint we left for him. Everyone made letters for him on Wednesday afternoon and he did take the time to write a little note for everyone and leave his tiny footprint, too! The children had a blast and of course, it was fun for the adults, too!
Scholastic Book Orders- New due date!
Remember: Checks Only! Made payable to Scholastic Book Clubs
Flowers, Flowers, Everywhere!
I am hoping each child can send in some of the following to help make this spring theme a success! I believe each of these items can be found at the dollar stores.
If you can send in ANY of the following:
- Artificial flowers (single stems, bunches, etc)
- Flower arrangement foam
- Plastic vases
- Easter basket grass (for our sensory table)
- Seeds of any kind
- Any other items that make you think of spring and gardening!
Thank you in advance for helping us make this such a fun time of year for our students!
Our Spring Party and Egg Hunt Reminder!
End of Year Needs:
- Tuesday, March 22nd: Chick-fil-A Spirit Night!
- Wednesday, March 23rd: Send in 12 FILLED plastic eggs (no nuts or chocolate)!
- Friday, March 25th: Egg Hunt and Spring Party at 9:30am
- Week of April 4-8th: Spring Break- No School!