November 5th Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
LVES Mission and Vision
Knowing our New Crew - MS. Emily Becker
Hello Pony Family! I am so excited to start off my teaching career here at Lewisville Elementary as the Primary BIC teacher! I grew up all over the country because my dad was in the Navy for 24 years. I was born in Connecticut and since then have lived in 6 states and 2 countries with a total of 10 moves (there were some repeat locations). I always knew I wanted to come back to Texas because both of my parents grew up in Garland and a majority of my family lives here. So I came back and graduated from Texas Woman’s University with a degree in Special Education.
My family consists of my mom, dad, and a brother, in addition to 2 dogs and a cat. My parents and our 2 dogs live all the way in Singapore (WOAH). My brother attends college at UNT and wants to be a herpetologist, which is someone who studies reptiles! My cat, Mimi, just had her birthday and turned 16. Currently, I live with my best friend, Bethany. We met our freshman year of college as random roommates and have been best friends/roommates ever since! My other best friend is Kaitlyn. She currently lives in New York as a professional actress and we are planning to spend New Year’s Eve together in New York to watch the ball drop!
In my free time, I like to travel with my family. I have been to 18 different countries on 4 continents and I’m not stopping now! Some of my favorite places I’ve gone include Thailand, Italy, Egypt, and Prague. The next big trip I have planned is going to Tokyo Disney in 2019! I also like to bake all kinds of sweet treats and read books. The current book series that I am reading is called the Hannah Swensen mysteries, which gives you recipes for desserts to make while you read it! Win-win!
I have student taught at Corbell Elementary School in Frisco ISD as a second grade teacher and a Life Skills teacher, both of which cemented my love for the “littles” and special education. I am so happy to be a part of the Pony Family and I am looking forward to a great year here!
Restorative Practices! All Men are created equal, but not all opportunities are equal.
How are we providing equity for our students?
The NEA (2016) suggests that the first thing educators should do with students from poverty that have been exposed to trauma is to acknowledge their resiliency and begin building positive and enriching relationships with them.
What is the biggest difference between 2 Minute Connections and 90 Second Sparks?
Two Minute Connections:
- Building & Sustaining Relationships in Micro-Frequencies.
- Student Generated Questions/ Resource Generated Questions.
- Students Stand Around Classroom
- Pull & Proofread
- Happens daily
Now that you have 9 weeks of data, please review your current Pony Time groups and decide which students need to continue in the groups, or if you need to make any changes.
Please use this document to document your Pony Time groups for the 2nd 9 weeks. Delete or add names as appropriate.
- Mrs. Rowland, she has definitely worn many hats these 11 weeks. Without asking or hesitation, she is always willing to assist.
- Mrs. Carlson
- Marla Rodriguez-she always goes the extra mile for her team. She is always positive and sees things from both sides.
- Emily Becker, her energy and hard work with our BIC unit is making such a great difference and a positive impact in our students learning experience. Emily Becker has been a huge help on our campus! She goes above and beyond to help anyone in need and really cares about all of our Pony students and staff. Emily Becker does everything with a smile and is very dependable! Without her, I wouldn't be able to survive!
- Paul Wieckzorek because he is the Super Pony who arrives when you need him!
- Mrs. Lopez - For her dedication to our students, she is a hard worker and an excellent teacher. Mrs. Lopez always does what is best for the students.
- Michele Snell
- Mr. Colon has not only been a great support for his team but for many other staff members as well. He supports many students in the role of a mentor and allows students to join his classroom to ensure that they have a successful environment .
- Mr. Anderson, he is always there to help with the fifth grade boys. He is such an important influence on our students.
- Mrs. Gray is passionate about her students' education. She goes above and beyond for them.
- Vicki Butler--to be honest she goes above and beyond helping the team with technology and Safe and Civil policies. Vicki Butler is willing to help others and a tech beast.
- Jillian Helbig...she is so positive and on top of everything with her students and the campus happenings! She is amazing! Jill Helbig always shows up to her duties on time. She always greets and speaks to students in the hallway and during transitions. She is incredibly helpful to her teammates, and her love for her students is evident. Ms. Helbig is a positive presence in the school. She has great classroom management and is always looking out for the needs of her students. Great addition to the LVES staff.
- Priscilla Gray because she always has the best attitude! She seeks new opportunities for her students and she is always looking for ways to make instruction engaging. Mrs. Gray...amazing classroom management; very caring for the students and students are always on task.
- Veronica Oporto because she always helps colleagues. She is calm, patient, and respectful with everyone in all situations.
- Mrs. Franco because she is always looking out for her students, her team, and even sometimes her team's students! She truly embodies the "all means all" initiative and does it all with a smile on her face. She was a tremendous help to me when circumstances came up and we needed extra resources and a shoulder to cry on. She is AMAZING!
- Araceli Hernandez
- Kristin Frazier
- Lance Thomas
- Mrs. McNamara. Mrs. Mac goes above and beyond with our students, she is always helpful when there is an issue with a student. Thanks Mrs. McNamara.
STAFF OF THE MONTH
Mr. Dixson, he is always willing to help even if he has students. He has grown in his role as the ISS teacher, and he serves with a smile.
Wanda Oden- she is Wonder Woman! Always there when you need her and ready to roll up her sleeves to find solutions to any issue! She is a life saver! Mrs. Oden, Mrs. Oden is very caring to our students. She always gives them a smile.
Mr. Houston, always is willing to help and support all our students with a smile, very kind and respectful with the students and staff. Joshua Houston for the patience and understanding he shows to our kids. Mr. Houston, because he reaches so many kids in this building and makes such a difference by constantly going above and beyond what is expected/asked of him. Mr. Houston, is making meaningful connections with everyone he sees and it is paying off! Mr. Houston for caring so much for all students.
Mrs. Gabby Morales. She is very responsible, always helping when needed.
Mr. Reed-Mr. Reed is a very dependable person and you can always count on him for support whenever it's needed. He is very calming to our students and is the best at de-escalating situations. He has been a great asset to our Pony staff!
Mrs. Ramos - She is always ready and willing to answer a call and provide support when need be.
Mrs. Ramos. She is always super helpful and happy. She helps brighten the day. Elizabeth Ramos...she has a great attitude and is always willing to do anything for anyone!
She is always positive, always willing to help! Mrs. Elizabeth...always smiling, great attitude, positive and caring. Liz Ramos because she always has a smile. She helps anyone with any project. She never reacts negatively in any situation, or regarding any request. Mrs. Ramos because she has the nickname "smiley" because she always has a smile on her face and is always positive. She is always willing to jump in and help without a word of complaint.
Mrs. Hernandez is very caring and loving to all students. Sandra Hernandez is always ready to help and support! No matter where, when, why ..... she is here to rescue!
Ramona Holder --amazing retired teacher that goes above and beyond to keep helping our Ponies
Miss Brittany from ACE! She cares so much for our students and is always a friendly face in the hallway. The students tend to be crazy after a long day of learning and she’s handles them so well.
Nurse Rachel for taking care of all of our babies and doing their hearing and vision screenings.
Mr. Max (Afternoon Janitor) He is always very pleasant and keeps our rooms clean with a smile in the afternoon.
Mrs. McKnight-always willing to help and support in any way.
Our Pony Week
- 2ND 9WK - PROG RPT 1 Grade posting window closes
- NEU Rally
- PTA Spring Creek BBQ Fundraiser
- Election Day
- TEKS & ELPS Collaboration for 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 5th grade - Content focus is Science
- GT Campus Selection Mtg.
- 3rd Grade - Elm Fork
- Student of the Month Breakfast
- BLT meeting with Advisory Team and Team Leaders
- Beth Hayes Birthday
- 3rd Grade - Elm Fork
- 5th Science CBA - 12 wk Benchmark
- Rotary Reads
- Field Day
- November 12th Veterans Day
- November 14th K to 2nd Istation Check ins / Staff Learning (1st Grade provides snacks)
- November 14th 3rd-4th grades Science CBA - 12 wk. Benchmark
- November 15th 5th Grade PTA Performance
- November 19th to the 23rd Thanksgiving Break
- November 27th Parent Resource Night
- November 28th GT Article Study
- November 30th Movie Night
- Coach W- Thank you for helping me adjust the table in my classroom.
- 5th Grade Team- Thank you for being awesome!
- Yvette Bernal for leading our team as the Seven Dwarfs for our read-a-thon!
- Yvette Bernal for representing our team for Trunk or Treat!
- Thank you to our librarian, Mrs. Hernandez for making our book fair such a success!
- Coach W: Thanks for coming to the kindergarten classroom to visit my kids in the morning.
Mrs. Arocha - thank you for helping me with 2nd Grade dismissal, YOU ROCK!!!
Mrs. Valdes for being there for me with kindness and understanding. Your support means so much to me, I'm so glad to be apart of this Pony Family!!!
My Second Grade Team for being amazingly supportive this past week. Love you all!!!
Mrs. Vando - for always being there to listen and understand
Shout out to Ms. Frazier for the anchor chart markers! I am so excited!!!
Shout out to Ms. Green for letting me borrow her mouse costume!
Shout out to Mr. Fitzgerald for having the BEST halloween costume!
Shout out to Ms. Norton for always being there for our students and having so much positive energy!