"Crews Chorus News"
February Choral Newsletter
LGPE Preview Choral Concert - March 8th
- Tuesday, March 8th at 6:30pm (CMS Cafetorium)
- Performances by: 6th Grade Chorus, 7th Grade Chorus & 8th Grade Chorus
- All chorus students should plan to stay after school for dress rehearsal and concert performance (Students will need money for food and should bring concert attire to school)
- Parents should park in the teacher parking lot between 5:30pm-6:15pm to access car rider entrance doors
Dress Rehearsal - CONCERT DAY:
- All chorus students should stay after school TUESDAY to practice on the risers in the Cafetorium
- Students will need $3 (exact cash) for 2 slices of pizza and a drink or
- $5 for 4 slices of pizza and a drink (Optional - Students may choose to bring a snack instead)
- Students should bring concert attire to school Tuesday, 3/1
- Students should bring pizza money (exact cash) on CONCERT DAY, March 8th
Concert Attire Reminders:
- 6th Grade Chorus - Chorus polo shirts, black dress pants, dress shoes, black socks, and black belt (Bring on CONCERT DAY)
- 7th & 8th Grade Choruses - Formal concert attire (Bring to school Tues., 3/1)
- Assistance needed Tues., March 8th with supervision and feeding of 120 chorus students from 4:00pm-7:30pm
- Please email Mrs. Robertson if available
Chorus Spirit Night at Dave & Buster's!!!
Tuesday, March 29th, 5-8pm
5900 Sugarloaf Parkway
Southern Star Music Festival / Six Flags (7th & 8th Grade)
- Students should not receive any discipline referrals (ISS or OSS) during the school year.
- Students must attend and perform in all required concerts scheduled for 7th & 8th Grade Choirs. Students must actively participate in choral rehearsals in and after school.
- Once a student has returned the commitment form, he/she is financially responsible for the full cost of the trip.
- While on the trip, students are expected to follow all school rules and to abide by the instructions set forth by Mrs. Robertson or supervising chaperone.
- All students must remain with their assigned chaperone group, and will not be allowed to leave those groups. Students are NOT permitted to roam the parks by themselves.
LGPE - 7th Grade Chorus
Thursday, March 17th, 4:15pm
395 West Crogan Street
LGPE - 8th Grade Chorus
Friday, March 18th, 1:30pm
395 West Crogan Street
Rehearsal Schedule (8:00am-8:55am):
January – 14th, 21st, 28th
February – 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
March – 3rd, 10th, 24th
April – 14th, 21st
May – 5th, *12th
Spotlight Night - 3/24
Spring Concert - 5/5
All-State Chorus 2016
Congratulations to Lily Smith (8th Grade) for successfully passing the first and second round of All-State Chorus auditions! Lily will perform with the All-State Chorus and represent Crews Middle School at the Classic Center in Athens, GA on February 25-27.
ENCORE! Choir Camp
July 10-14, 2016 • Spivey Hall, Clayton State University • www.encorechoircamp.com
Are you thinking about summer camp opportunities?
ENCORE! Choir Camp provides an outstanding musical experience for vocal students from 6th-12th grade. Students stay on campus in Clayton State University housing for four nights, and will enjoy a good blend of educational and recreational activities during the week. Rehearsals and master classes are conducted by highly skilled specialists with proven success in working with choral students at this level, and afternoon evening recreational times are scheduled. The camp closes with a concert performance on the final day of camp.
6th Grade Chorus - Haley Broadnax
7th Grade Chorus - Sierra Battle
8th Grade Chorus - Tristan Landers
Black History Month Tribute
“Lift Every Voice and Sing” was a poem written by James Weldon Johnson, a school principal to honor President Lincoln’s birthday. James’ brother, John, set the poem to music and the song later became the Black National Anthem.