Life of a Killer Whale
- The eastern North Pacific resident killer whale prefers Chinook salmon.
- Killer whales in bigger pods feeds on big variety of fish.
- The estimated number of species consumed by orcas is around 140.
- They mostly eat marine animals.
- Killer Whales have a very diverse diet.
- Male killer whales are 23 feet long and females are 21 feet long.
- The largest recorded whale was 9.8m (32ft.) in length and 22,000lb pounds.
- KIller Whales are the largests dolphin group.
- Killer Whales are black and white
- Adult killer whales give birth give birth to a single baby.
- The start breeding 14-15 years of age.
- Babies nurse for about 1 year
- Offshore killer whales range from the Bering sea to Southern California.
- Killer Whales prefer cold ocean waters.
- It's rare but a killer whale has been seen in fresh water rivers around the world such as the Rhine and others.