Week of June 14th
It is hard to believe that this is our last week of school! Our students, staff, and community have shown remarkable resilience during this unprecedented school year. Thank you so much for patience and collaboration throughout this year.
As we look forward to planning for the upcoming school year, we will be saying goodbye to six staff members.
Please join me in wishing the following staff members the best of luck:
Mrs. LaSantra Ledet will be retiring.
Mrs. Ashlea Oaks will be serving the County as a Reading Support Teacher at Talbott Springs Elementary School.
Mrs. Laura Jacoby will be serving as an ESOL teacher at Hanover Hills and Centennial Lane.
Ms. Dawn Martinec will be serving as a Kindergarten teacher at Bushy Park.
Ms. Buffy Hartung will be moving near San Diego to be closer to family and meet pandemic nieces/nephews!
Mr. Bradley Dunagan will be serving as a school psychologist in Colorado.
We wish them all the best during this new chapter of their lives. They will always be a Fulton Falcon and we thank them for all of their years of service to our children and Fulton community.
Please join me in welcoming:
Mrs. Aisha Holland as a .5 Teacher Secretary returning from leave.
Ms. Zoe Bridges as a RECC special education teacher.
Ms. Lauren Schaaf as a kindergarten teacher joining us from West Friendship Elementary School.
Ms. Kyli Bumbray as a 2nd grade teacher who has been serving as our 2nd grade long term substitute for us this year.
Ms. Madison Cruz as a 2nd grade teacher joining us from West Friendship Elementary School.
Mr. Daniel Han as a 2nd grade teacher returning from leave.
Ms. Allison Mellendick as a 3rd grade teacher who has been serving as our 3rd grade long term substitute.
Ms. Holly Huang as a 4th grade teacher.
Ms. Melissa Verna as a .5 ESOL paraeducator joining us from Bollman Bridge.
We will continue to provide our Fulton community with updates of staffing and Fulton happenings periodically throughout the summer.
Again, we thank all of our families for your unyielding support throughout the year. Our successes are a reflection of your partnership. We can’t wait to welcome our students back to in-person learning on August 30th!
We are excited to include a new section to our Fulton Flier next year and wanted to provide you with a sneak peek...
Welcome to The GT Corner! The place where our GT team will be providing families resources throughout the school year.
Do you have a 3 or 4 year old and looking for school next year?
Our Regional Early Childhood Center (RECC) program is making preparations for classes for the upcoming 2021-22 school year. These classes include children with and without disabilities. The program’s focus is helping all children develop communication, literacy, math, problem solving, motor, and social skills.
Parents of children who will be 3 by September 1st or are already 4 may learn more about the program by reviewing the Learning Together Program (LTP) Flyer (English).
Learning Together Program (LTP) Flyer (Chinese)
Learning Together Program (LTP) Flyer (Spanish)
If you need assistance to complete the application, please contact Early Intervention Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 410-313-7017.
2021-2022 School Start and End Times
As HCPSS looks to normalize operations for Fall 2021, start and ending times for each school will return to the original, pre-COVID schedule. Fulton’s student hours will be 9:25-3:55.
The PTA Perch- Have you ordered your school supplies for next year yet?
School Supply Kit orders are due soon!
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to have a prepackaged supply kit containing the exact items your child’s teacher is requesting.
Don't miss some Howard County Happenings...
Happenings over the Summer
FES Summer Office Hours
FES summer office hours will be 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. At times only one person may be covering the office. Please leave a message if needed and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Will my child be able to continue to access books online this summer?
- Continue using the class code your child currently used this school year. If the class code does not work then create an EPIC! free account. Here is a link to a parent tutorial that may be helpful for signing up for EPIC! free.
- If you continue having difficulties logging in, you can contact EPIC! customer service https://getepic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Additionally, your child can continue to access MacTumblebooks and MackinVia through HCPSS.
Will my student(s) have access to Lexia Core and DreamBox over the summer?
Yes. Lexia Core will be available until July 31st. Dreambox will be available through the summer.
Will my student(s) have access to Canvas Courses and Canvas Gradebooks over the summer?
What do we do with Chromebooks Over the Summer?
- Students who are returning to HCPSS in the fall should keep their Chromebooks over the summer. This includes current 5th grade students who will be attending an HCPSS middle school in August. Please review the Chromebook Care guidelines with your child to ensure that the devices are kept safe over the summer.
- Students who are moving or unenrolling from HCPSS should return their devices. Please return them to FES between the hours of 8:30-3:30, Monday- Friday.
Engage in Summer Reading w/Howard County Public Library
Report Card & Grading update
Message from the Pscyh Corner...
Transitioning into the summer tips!
When faced with yet another change in routines and expectations as we transition into the summer months, this can cause a wide range of feelings. Several ways to help those feelings are listed below!
- Tip 1: Create a summer to do list: Summer is an exciting time of year, it can also be overwhelming in terms of amount of free time available. Creating a summer list of activities or tasks can help us get the most out of each day.
- Tip 2: Keep routines: Continue to complete your daily chores, complete your daily activities as normally as you would during the school year.
- Tip 3: Continue to learn: The summer is an exciting time of the year. There are no synchronous or asynchronous classes, however, students can still continue to read books, learn new skills, and learn in the summer.
- Tip 4: Follow the three R’s: The summer break is a fantastic time to play outside, beat that last video game level, or learn a new skill. While these are fun activities, please continue to follow the Fulton R’s of Ready, Responsible, and Respectful. Stay safe, make expected choices, and HAVE FUN!
Temporary Kindergarten Assistant Positions Available for 2021-2022
If you are interested in supporting Fulton's kindergarten students with their transition to school in the fall, please visit HCPSS Applitrack, scroll down to Temporary Itinerant Kindergarten Assistant, and complete the online application materials. The hourly rate of pay will be $15.50. Once your application is complete, including all necessary references and documents provided through Applitrack, please contact Mrs. Molly Caroland (email@example.com) or Mrs. Leslie Brickner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fulton Elementary School
Molly Caroland, Assistant Principal, email@example.com
Leslie Brickner, Assistant Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org