By: Jessica Perez
Item #2 - Formula of Area of Circle
The formula of a circle is A=pir2
Formulas of a Cylinder, Cone, and Sphere
how to use the formula of a sphere-example
Diameter: 14.4 in.
- V=4/3πr3 Volume of a sphere
- V=4/3π(7.2)3 Replace r with 7.2 since it is the radius
- 1,563.5 in 3 Simplify
- Hint: to get radius divided by
- Hint: π = 3.14
How to use the formula of cone-example
- V=π r2 h/3 Volume of Cone
- V=1/3π (1.75)2(8.4) put 1.75 in the place of r & h with 8.4
- V=26.9ft3 Simplify
- Hint: divided by 2 to get the radius
- Hint: π =3.14
How to use the formula of a Cylinder-Example
height: 5 in.
Radius: 3 in.
- V=π r2 Volume of a Cylinder
- V=π (3)2 5 put 3 instead of r & h with 5
- V=141.4 in. Simplify
- Hint: π is = 3.14
Now you try some problems
There is a small soccer ball with a diameter of 4.3 inches. What is the volume of the soccer ball?
Here is the answer for the question
The answer 41.63 in.3
First you 4*3.14*2.15*2.15*3 divide 3 or you can do 4/3*3.14*2.15
you multiply all then divide by 3 and you will get your answer which is 41.63
There is a soda can with the height of 7 inches and a radius of 5 inches.What is the volume of the of the soda can?
height: 7 in.
The answer is 549.8 in. 3
- multiply 3.14*5*5*7
- then you will get your answer
You have an ice cream cone that has a radius of 15 cm. and a height of 8 cm.What is the volume of the ice cream cone?
Radius: 1.5 cm.
Height: 8 cm.
The answer if 18.85 cm3
- Multiply 3.14*1.5*1.5*8 divided by 3
- And you will get 18.85 cm3