Volume 17 Issue 33 - Friday, April 29, 2022
Friday, April 29 is e-learning day. Login to Canvas to complete e-learning assignments
Important Dates Coming Up
- Friday, April 29 - Scheduled E-Learning Day. No in-person school. Login to Canvas.
- Monday - Friday, May 2 - 6 - Spring Book Fair - Sign up to Volunteer
- Monday - Friday, May 2 - 6 - Teacher Appreciation Week - See Flyer Below
- Monday, May 2 - Friday, May 13 - NWEA Testing Window
- Wednesday, May 4 - SCE Blood Drive 3:30-7:30PM in the Gym
- Wednesday, May 4 - Fourth Grade Track Meet, HSE High School, 5PM
- Wednesday, May 11 - Fourth Grade Music Program, "The Cloud Spinner"
- Thursday, May 12 - Fourth Grade Farewell Programs, 8AM-1PM
- Monday, May 16 - Field Day
- Tuesday, May 17 - Best Buddies meeting in Cafe, 8:15-8:40am
- Tuesday, May 17 - SCE Senior Celebration, 8:00-9:15AM
- Friday, May 20 - Last Day of School
Upcoming Field Trips
- Tuesday, May 3 - First Grade (Lanane, Letzler, Stockel) to Ritchey Woods
- Tuesday, May 3 - Second Grade (Labellarte, Landis) to AgriPark
- Wednesday, May 4 - First Grade (Bearce, Passon, Michalowicz) to Ritchey Woods
- Wednesday, May 4 - Second Grade (Nolan, Posipanka) to AgriPark
- Thursday, May 5 - Second Grade (Emmons, Yeleti) to AgriPark
- Friday, May 6 - Second Grade (Gropp) to AgriPark
- Friday, May 6 - Third Grade Field Trip to the Barns
Spring Book Fair is Next Week, May 2-6
We would love your help.
Volunteers help students:
- make book selections.
- calculate the cost of their purchases
- count their money to prepare for checkout.
You can volunteer at any time, or with your student's class.
All Volunteers receive a discount on any book purchase. Please request your coupon when you volunteer.
Background check required. Please call the main office at 317-915-4270 if you have questions about your background check.
Email other questions about the Book Fair to Mrs. Zaleski at email@example.com
Curriculum Literacy Resources Available for the Community to Review
Literacy resources for grades K-6 and World Language resources for grades 7-12 will be on display at the HSE Administration Office during the noted times. Families and staff are invited to preview the selections and offer feedback during the below dates and times:
- Monday, May 9 from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 10 from 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
COVID Test Kits Available for Families
Test kits are available for families to pick up at the school, or if your student is being sent home from school with COVID-like symptoms, the nurse will offer to send a test kit home with your student.
Testing does not take place in the school by nursing but can be sent home for a parent/guardian to perform.
Each test kit contains 4 tests. The test kits expire in August.
This Week in STEM - Will your paper plate frisbee fly? Why?
SCE Blood Drive
We’re in a nationwide blood crisis; blood donation is at a 10 year low and we need community members to step up. Your generosity will ensure that hospitals have the necessary blood available for the patients they serve. Blood on the shelves today will save lives tomorrow.
Schedule your appointment to donate blood at our upcoming drive with SAND CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL on Wednesday, May 4, 2022 from 3:30pm - 7:30pm at this link.
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR IS OPEN
Click to visit the HSE District Enrollment Page
- Ready to Enroll? - Follow the 3 Step Process Online: CLICK HERE
- Have a Kindergartener? To read more about Kindergarten Readiness: CLICK HERE.
Contact our school registrar, Cher McCord at 317-915-4270 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any registration/enrollment questions.
Current HSE/SCE students do not need to enroll for the next school year.
Withdrawing Students from SCE
If your student will not attend SCE for the 2022-2023 school year, please notify our school registrar Cher McCord at email@example.com or call 317-915-4270.
All SCE Families, do you want to run in the Geist 5K Fitness Challenge on Saturday, May 21 with Mr. Letzler, Mrs. Gropp & Mrs. Rich?
Now that SCE Striders is underway, registration is open JUST FOR THE GEIST EVENT.
1. Go to www.geisthalf.com/schools and click on ‘Register Now.’
2. Click on ‘Register HERE for Geist 5k Fitness Challenge.’
3. On the next page, click ‘I have an access code’ located on the right hand side of the page.
4. ACCESS CODE REQUIRED page. Please use the access code: STUDENT
5. Click ‘Validate’ to be taken to the next page.
6. Enter name, address, phone number, emergency contact, t-shirt size, etc.
7. Be sure to enter your team name at the drop down menu!
8. Agree to waiver.
9. Feel free to make a donation to your school!
10. Add billing address and payment.
11. Click ‘Submit.’ You are all set!
Social-Emotional Learning - Week of April 25
Kindergarten - Getting Focused: How Your Brain Works
- Students will learn about the three parts of their brains that help them think and respond to stress.
First Grade: Problem-Solving - We Can Make It Better
- Students will be able to identify ways to make amends to solve a problem.
Second Grade: Problem-Solving - What Would I Want?
- Students will be able to generate ways to make amends to solve a problem.
Third Grade: Problem-Solving - P: Pick a Solution
- Students will be able to pick a solution for a given problem and explain why they chose it
Fourth Grade: Digital Citizenship - Exploring Outcomes
- Students will be able to evaluate possible solutions to a given problem.
Would you like more information on Social Emotional Learning?
Visit the HSE District Sites to read more, or follow the links below:
Have you observed an employee who goes above and beyond their job responsibilities/duties to make a difference? Leave them a RAVE Review. It takes 2 mins to complete but makes a long lasting impact for an educator.
Mudsock Youth Athletics Updates
Boys Volleyball is BACK this Spring:
Due to interest, Mudsock Youth Volleyball will be running sessions for 3rd - 8th graders from April 22nd - May 15th on Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Participants can register NOW at myathletics.com. Parents/guardians, thank you for letting us know if you'd like to coach on the online form. Learn everything you need to know, including the format here. We’ll see you on the courts soon! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knights Travel Cheerleading Tryouts:
Calling all incoming 5th and 6th graders! Do you want to stunt, flip, jump, and cheer for the Knights Travel Football Team? Attend the callout meeting on April 25th for all the details. The Knights Cheerleading 2022 season tryouts will be held Sunday, May 15th, from 4:30-7 p.m. at DeVeau’s Gymnastics. Find information and registration details here.
Fall Sport Registration Opens May 1st:
Mark your calendars! Open registration for football, cheerleading, soccer, girls volleyball, cross country, co-ed field hockey, fall baseball and softball will take place on May 1 – May 31st at myathletics.com. Find fall season information from our leagues here.
Visit the Community Insider page linked below for all the details.