Deans' Council Update
Butler Online Department
Canvas Representatives at Butler
Dean Susan Bradley and Professor Andrea McCaffree-Wallace joined us to discuss Canvas/TurnItIn integration and the possibility of hosting the Butler OWL in Canvas.
Butler Online Banners
SALSA Tracker Training
We were also invited to demonstrate the SALSA Syllabus Tracker to Butler's Administrative Assistants on Tuesday, Nov. 10th. Both groups had a lively discussion about the tracker and its benefits.
Web-E Training Report
- 93.6% of users college-wide have completed WebE I and II training and now have access to their course shells (up from 93.2% at last report). These numbers also reflect all new hires.
- All new instructors will be added to a WebE course and sent a welcome email explaining how to begin, what is required of them, and who to contact for help.
- Butler Online has no face-2-face WebE sessions planned for November and December.
New and Exciting Workshops
Please contact Linda Wapelhorst at, 316-218-6202 or firstname.lastname@example.org to provide suggestions for training that may be valuable to your instructors
SALSA Syllabus Survey
Following a survey regarding SALSA in which 198 instructors responded, we found, among other things that, 98% published a SALSA in at least one course. 93% acknowledged the benefits of SALSA listing automatic updates to BCC policies and the ability to copy the syllabus into other courses as most important. Some points, however, remain to be smoothed out. The actual linking process is still a bit confusing, and combining the save/publish functions were listed as aspects to consider revising. Yet, overall, SALSA has been well accepted and assimilated by the vast majority of instructors. 74% don’t see a need for additional SALSA training.
Remembering how to SALSA
Butler Learning Glass
iBOT (Introduction to Butler Online Teaching) Report
Four instructors have completed iBOT and 5 more will finish by Christmas Break.
- Enrollment in iBOT and EQuIP is now available on demand.
- Registrants are required to complete WebE I & II before enrolling in iBOT.