"Where Every Child Is A Star!"
January 10, 2020
A Special Note from Ms. Ackerman
It is my pleasure to be at Simpson during the month of January as we transition to Dr. Connery's arrival. I am a retired GCPS principal and work part time for GCPS supporting leaders. Your kiddos are amazing, and the staff loves this school and your children. We will welcome Mrs. Wells, Assistant Principal, back on Monday morning. She is returning to us after the birth of her precious son, Garrett. I am thrilled to announce that Assistant Principal, Bylan Swift, will begin the county's Aspiring Principal Program in February. This is an honor for her as well as Simpson. She will remain at Simpson as she receives this specialized leadership training. We are also proud of fourth grade teacher, Tory Guenther, who was featured as the Promise of Gwinnett employee earlier in January. Great things are happening at Simpson, and it is a joy to be here.
Superstars Shine Everywhere
CCE Wildcats competitive cheer squad won FCC State Championship in December and went on to win the FCC National Championship in Orlando, FL on January 4, 2020.
Simpson Superstars on the team include
Ms. Back’s class -
Becca A., Leah L., Emma B., Sami T.
Ms. Charloff’s class - Lauren F., Savannah S.
Ms. Molina’s Class- Carrington S.
Ms. Ivenskiy’s Class- Eve R.
Ms. McReady’s Class - Zoe O.
The girls would like to thank their awesome coaches, Simpson Superstar parents, Coach Laura Shaw and Coach Barbara Taylor. Go Cats!
YEARBOOKS ON SALE AGAIN IN JANUARY!
Yearbooks will be on sale for the LAST TIME until January 20, 2020:
● Cost is $40 each
● Purchase the yearbook online at balfour.com via credit card or send payment (check or money order) to school with your child. Cash will not be accepted. Please be sure that both your child’s name and teacher’s name are on the check. Also, remember to select Simpson Elementary School in Norcross, GA on the balfour.com website.
● LAST DAY to purchase yearbooks is January 20, 2019. Yearbooks will not be available for purchase in May.
● 5th-grade parents only: If you have already purchased your 5th grader's baby ad, you have until January 20, 2020, to upload the photos and text according to the instructions you received in the email from Balfour. If you missed the original deadline to purchase a baby ad, we will open sales again on January 6, 2020. This will be the LAST TIME to purchase baby ads.
If you have any questions, please email the yearbook committee at email@example.com
Keep collecting those Box Tops!
● Send 10 trimmed unexpired box tops per snack-size Ziploc bag.
● Include child’s name, teacher and grade on each bag.
● Tell children to put the bags in the “Box Tops” box located in Simpson Square.
Remember to also use the Box Tops app to scan your store receipt within 14 days of purchase. The app will automatically find the products and instantly add Box Tops to our school’s earnings online.
Thank you for supporting our school programs.
WE WANT YOUR INPUT ABOUT OUR ART FUNDRAISER!
This year, Ms. Callas, our awesome Art teacher, switched from Square 1 Art to Original Works Yours. Now that student art projects have been ordered, Ms. Callas would like to gather parent feedback to determine which company to move ahead with next year.
Would you please take this short survey? Thanks so much!!
SIMPSON TALENT SHOW COMING SOON!
Calling all 4th & 5th Graders...It's time to start getting your acts together!
The annual Student Council "Simpson's Got Talent" is coming soon and we would love for you to show us your talent!
We are looking for unique acts (think America's Got Talent). Group acts are highly encouraged. Winter break is a great time to get together with friends and come up with your act.
The application deadline is Fri, Jan 10. Auditions will be held after school on Jan 21 & 22. This year’s Talent Show will be held Fri, Feb 28 with a mandatory dress rehearsal on Tue, Feb 18.
Look for applications coming soon in Friday Folders and on the PTA website.
Please email Courtney Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Simpson Talent Show Auditions
Reminder to all 4th & 5th Graders who applied for the Simpson Talent Show... Auditions will be held after school on Jan 21 & 22. This year’s Talent Show will be held Fri, Feb 28 with a mandatory dress rehearsal on Tue, Feb 18.Please email Courtney Rogers at email@example.com with any questions.
ALL PRO DAD
Our NEXT BREAKFAST is on Tuesday, January 104h, 2020 at 7:00 am!
The DEADLINE to register is SUNDAY evening, January 12, 2020.
Please park either on the street or in the parking spots closest to the street in front of the building.