Hillside News Brief
October 23, 2020
Dates for You
Wednesday, October 28 - Spirit Day (wear orange and blue or spirit wear)
Friday, October 30 - Picture Day at Hillside (Extended Campus learners can come to Hillside between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. for a photo; just ring the front doorbell and let us know that is why you are there)
Sunday, November 1 - Daylight Saving Time ends (set your clocks back one hour)
Wednesday, November 4 - NO STUDENTS at Hillside (Teacher Planning Day); there will be an SEL lesson online. Watch for details from classroom teachers
Meal Pickup Information
Beginning Wednesday, 10/21, when WCS goes to a full 5 days a week, we will transition all pick up meals for Extended Campus Learners to the following:
- K-8 Extended Campus/At-Home Learners can pick up free meals each Wednesday from 4:00pm-6:00pm at Westside Middle School
- 9-12 Extended Campus/At-Home Learners can pick up free meals each Wednesday from 4:00pm-6:00pm at Westside High School
All students/parents/households picking up meals will receive breakfast and lunch or only lunch for five days.
Traffic and the Carpool Line
Some reminders for all:
- Please continue observing the carpool line rule of staying in the lane closest to the curb; students who enter or exit a vehicle in traffic run the risk of injury
- Please be patient while in line on Western Avenue; the carpool line does move quickly, but you may be in the line for a bit on Western
- Please be sure your student(s) is/are ready to exit the vehicle when you pull up to stop and drop off; the sooner students can unload at drop-off, the more smoothly it goes
We are all about safety and order here at Hillside during peak traffic times. We know that the most important thing is that everyone is safe.
Congratulations to The Rose Theater Ticket Winners!
Thanks to all who communicated an interest in these theater tickets. We wish we had many more tickets to give away!
Student of the Month Virtual Assembly
We will begin having virtual Student of the Month assemblies on WebEx. Since we have never done this before, please know that we are working with the technology that will allow us to broadcast throughout our building AND to the families of our Tigers of the Month. The classroom teacher will share news of Tiger of the Month award winner with that family and will share, also, a link with you so that you may view the brief ceremony. Please bear with us as we work out the kinks in this process.