PHT Paws-itively News
Week of September 18th, 2022
Dear Page Hilltop Families:
With the return of the preschool students this week, we now have all of our student grade levels in school and just completed our first 5-day week. As we get ready to close out the summer season and begin the fall season, lots of exciting things will be happening at Page Hilltop.
ALWAYS REMEMBER that you are our valued partners in your child's journey of learning. Please share your voices with us - your questions and your suggestion.
- We hope you take the time to read this newsletter each week, as a family!
- Watch for specific classroom news coming from your children's teachers
- You may follow Mr. Deppe on Twitter: @PageHilltopSch
Thanks, as always, for sharing your children with us!
Fred Deppe, Principal
Matt Lutinski, Assistant Principal
SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER DATES TO REMEMBER:
September 23rd -- Spirit Day / Panther Pride Day
September 28th -- Welcome Back Family Picnic & Open House
October 6th -- PTO Meeting (7:00pm)
October 10th -- No School (Indigenous Peoples Day)
October 12th -- 90-minute Early Release (Preschool-12)
October 19th -- 1/2 Day (Preschool-12)
October 24th -- Progress Reports
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
- Literacy Live parade
- Veterans Day program
- Turkey Trot
Stay tuned for exact dates/times. We welcome you to join in the fun!
SPIRIT DAY - PANTHER PRIDE DAY
If you do not have those specific items, wear something with the school colors of maroon & white. Let's start off with a spectacular spirit day event!
FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE...
To families with children who have documented asthma or allergies, please send in the appropriate medication in the box labeled from the pharmacy and have your doctor fax an order to the nurse's office. 978-772-0681
If your child has had a physical in the last year and you have not sent a copy to the school nurse, please do so as soon as possible.
Reminder, if your child is not feeling well in the morning, please keep them home to rest and recover.
WELCOME TO PAGE HILLTOP!
- Mrs. Anderson is always looking for help in the library.
- Teachers are sometimes looking for people to read with their students or practice their math facts.
- There is sometimes a need to prepare class projects so as to help teachers.
- If you are unable to come to school but would like to help out from home, that is also an option.
Please see Gail or Peggy in the main office if you would like to volunteer to fill out a CORI form.
AFTER-SCHOOL ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
Parents will have the opportunity to speak with representatives of these groups during our upcoming Open House.
We are always looking for new ideas for enrichment activities to offer our students. I would like to recognize the Duci family who recently approached me regarding the possibility of a cooking class for students. We are looking into this.
IDEAS? We encourage our families to discuss possible options for any activity group that you would like us to consider and share your ideas with Mr. Deppe.
OPEN HOUSE & PICNIC
Mark your calendar for the evening of Wednesday, September 28th!
All Page Hilltop families are invited to assemble on the front lawns (next to the cafeteria) to enjoy a family meal and meet other families & school staff. Families should bring their own meals with them. At 6:30 you are cordially invited to enter the school for the Open House.
- 4:30-5:30 Classroom Open House with students / Parent presentation @ 6:30
- 5:30-6:30 Family Picnic on the front lawn
Grades K-5 Open-House:
- 5:30-6:30 Family Picnic on the front lawn
- 6:30-8:00 Classroom Open House
10th ANNUAL DANCE FOR KINDNESS - TAKE PART IN THIS GLOBAL EVENT
Dance registration goes live this week. Watch for special notices coming home. We hope you all will consider taking part - either as a dancer or a spectator.
Upcoming PTO activities / events: Opening meeting: Thursday, October 6th @ 7:00 pm
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS INITIAL MEETING OF THE PAGE HILLTOP PTO - there will be:
* Informative Discussions
* Opportunities to connect with other families
* A chance for you to share your voice on how to keep our school awesome
* Entertainment for the children - childcare provided by high school students
* Fun Raffle Prizes
* Special Guest Speakers Evelyn Cubero & Tracy Hebenton - School Adjustment Counselors
PTO Website -- LINK
PTO Facebook Page -- Link
Are you an Amazon shopper?
Did you know just by shopping with smileamazon.com you can help support PH!?
Create a FREE SMILE ACCOUNT and link it to Page Hilltop.
Share with family and friends so they can help support PH too!
YES, Page Hilltop can still earn with Box Tops! CLICK HERE to learn more about Box Tops for Education.
SCRIPS YEAR ROUND
The PHT PTO scrip program is a simple and effective fundraising program.
Please email Amanda Lewis at email@example.com with any questions regarding the Scrip Program.
Go to: https://www.shopwithscrip.com/how-to-enroll and click Join Your Existing Program
1. Enter the Enrollment Code: 298736BL13535
2. Complete the Family Registration page
3. Start Shopping!