September 28, 2015
Happy Monday to you!
5 Quick Facts About a Colleague!
Kristen DiCarlo--Special Education
- I am a wife to Jason, mother to Nolan (10), and bonus mother to Callie (11) and Justin (9).
- I went to an all girl’s high school, Ursuline Academy, and then a women’s college, St. Mary of the Woods, for my undergrad. (No boys for 8 years!)
- My husband and I bought a 30 foot travel trailer last year, so we spend a ton of time camping, fishing and making s’mores.
- I love to travel every opportunity I get, but I have only left the country once (2 years ago to Punta Cana for my honeymoon).
- Previous FHN principal, Darlene Jones, once busted me for roller skating in the hall during a 70s decade spirit day.
Next up is Tara Willen
- @FHNtoday video and newspaper were named finalists for Pacemaker.
- The North Star was named as a finalist for the Pacemaker.
- Brian Santos was awarded the Distinguished Foreign Language Educator award from the Foreign Language Association of Missouri. Congrats,Brian.
Only 3 days left in Attendance Awareness Month! At this time 91.9% of our students are at or above 90% attendance. While this is good, and still above our goal, there has been a slight decline in the percentage. Please help us make students aware that within each quarter, they can only miss 4 days or less to stay above 90%. Counselors and Administrators are having regular conversations with students currently below 90% or who have had attendance concerns in the past in order to encourage better attendance and offer supports where we can. Thanks for all that you do.
Due to Parent Teacher Conferences, the Attendance Committee has decided to move our October meeting from the 8th, to the 1st. This meeting will take place after school in the Learning Commons. All are welcome to join!
The next faculty Meeting is September 30th . Please remember the expectation from the last faculty meeting is that you implement the Kagan strategy you learned and be able to discuss how it went, difficulties and questions you still have.
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. Please celebrate students treating eachother well, and, as always, please continue to inform counselors and administrators if you see or hear bullying.
Climate Committee met on Monday, 9/21. Thank you for everyone who filled the staff section at the Homecoming game. It was a great time. We discussed mirroring that event at a basketball game. We also discussed the Student Survey. We will be giving the student survey once this year, per district requirement. We are currently discussing possible options for the date the survey will be given. This was discussed at PLOT and we will also discuss with DCs.
Please remember to turn off your projector when you are not using it.
Also, if you have a great tech idea or article to share send it to Dr. Birch and we can post it on the FHN Tech Blog.
I wanted you to be aware that if a student needs to use a computer after school and does not have access at home, they can check out a computer and a hotspot from the library (They just have to have their parents sign a permission form).
Wednesday, Sep. 30th, 2:30-3:30pm
Please remember the expectation from the last faculty meeting is that you implement the Kagan strategy you learned and be able to discuss how it went, difficulties and questions you still have.