Mid-March Flight Check
Dorothy P. Adkins Elementary
Learn. Connect. Serve
Let's Talk Lunch
In an effort to minimize distractions to the learning environment, we will ask you to drop off late lunches outside of the cafeteria instead (see map). A table will be set up outside of the cafeteria doors, and our cafeteria monitors, will bring the lunches inside for us.
It's never too early to begin having your student help you pack their lunch the night before school. This time together would be an extension of Adkins' Learn. Connect. Serve. Mission- making lunches together includes a variety of learning experiences, including MATH, it provides connection time together as a family, and begins fostering the servant-hearted attitude we want all Aviators to possess.
Thanks so much!
Important Dates to Remember
Important Dates for March:
- Third Grade Field Trip to Dallas Heritage Village
- No School - Inclement Weather Makeup Day
- Kinder Flight School event from 10:45 - 11:25am. Our 2016-2017 Kindergarten students will join Ms. O'Rear in the Library for storytime and Ms. PIttillo for a guidance lesson.
- STAAR Testing: 4th Grade Writing & 5th Grade Math. Campus will be closed to visitors, Specials Schedules will change, and Recess will need to take place in the front of the school - playground will be closed during testing. Students testing will need to bring a sack lunch.
- STAAR Testing; 5th Grade Reading. Campus will be closed to visitors, Specials Schedules will change, and Recess will need to take place in the front of the school - playground will be closed during testing. Students testing will need to bring a sack lunch.
Coming up in April:
- April 1st - "Proud to be a Texan" Fourth Grade field trip to Austin.
- April 4th - Second Grade Field Trip to Clear Creek.
- April 7th - Open House 6:00-6:30 p.m. & Poetry Campout 6:30-7:30 p.m. We have moved our Open House from March to April.
- April 19th - 2016-2015 Kinder Flight School: Art time with Ms. McGee & Music Time with Mr. Schmidt 10:45-11:25am.
- April 20- April 22nd -Camp Jolt for 5th Graders. This science camp will be one of the highlights of the year for our fifth graders.
- April 22nd - Kindergarten Field Trip to Frank Buck Zoo in Gainesville.
- April 25th - 29th - Book Fair Week!
- April 28th - Fine Arts Night
Look What's Coming Up Later This Spring!
April 25th - April 29th
Fine Arts Night
Adkins Field Day 2016
Friday, May 20th
We are looking forward to another great fun-filled day of games and running!!