Nick Bradley P.10
I want to be an Engineer once I get out of college. I've always liked fixing things and working with my hands. I don't think I'd be able to deal with a desk job my whole life.
Designing structures and managing construction
Without Civil Engineers skyscrapers wouldn't exist
Illinois Institute of Technology
Where I'd like to study Engineering
- Designing structures
- Supervising the construction of structures
- Develop improved and more efficient ways of construction
- Finding new materials to be used in production
- Estimate time and price of construction
- Median annual earnings: $75,000
- Mostly work on construction sites and in offices designing
Most entry level jobs require a Bachelors Degree in Engineering. More specialized jobs require more work experience and higher level degrees.
Engineers must be licensed by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Usually four years of work experience are required.
Its predicted by 2018 Civil Engineers will experience a much faster growth than average.
- Construction worker