By Will Elliott Hour 4,6
- It stands for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- Children with ADHD may struggle with low self esteem.
- Early diagnosis and treatment can make a big difference in outcome.
- Treatment typically involves medacations and behavioral interventions.
- Troubled relationships.
- Symtoms sometimes lesson with age.
- It is a cronic condition that effects millions of children and often persists into adulthood.
- In some children sighns of ADHD are noticeable as early as 2 to 3 years old.
- Often daydreaming.
- Frequently fidgets or squirms.
- Failure to pay attention to detail.
- Tendency to make careless errors in school work.
- Inability to follow instructions or to complete tasks with ease.
- Being easily distracted by sights or sounds.
- Interrupting others.
- Excessive talking.
- Blurting out answers before questions have been completed.
- 3 to 5 percent of school aged boys in the united states have ADHD.
- Difficulty waiting for ones turn.
- Running and climbing when expected to remain seated.