- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 16 ounce package frozen bell peppers and onions
- 8 ounces smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 14 1/2 - ounce can diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, undrained
- 8 ounce package jambalaya rice mix
Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips. Place frozen vegetables in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker and top with chicken strips and turkey sausage. Add water, undrained tomatoes, and seasoning packet from rice. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in rice. Cover and cook about 45 minutes more (if using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting), or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 265 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), and 37 g carb. (2 g fiber), 19 g protein.
I chose Chicken Jambalaya because it’s one of my favorite meals. It’s jam packed with carbs, little fat, low calories, and a nice amount of protein. Not to mention that it taste really good. It has healthy vegetables in it as well. For protein it has chicken breast and turkey sausage in it. It makes 6 servings and has on 37 carbs per serving so it’s very nutritional. This meal is awesome if you workout and are trying to maintain a healthy diet. Put this is 6 Tupperware containers and eat 6 meals a day and you’re set.