GASC Convention 2016!!!
Get EXCITED FOR CONVENTION! We only have a few more days to go!
Convention Workshop Preview
- Major Life Key Kyle Rohde and Alex Hancu
- whodunit? Tanay Sheth and Alana Watkins
- Swap Shop Spencer Southard
- evitcepsreP Ricky Yoo and Jenna Harrington
- Emojis & Communication Skills Jimmy Padilla, Linda Diaz, Mitchy Dang
- Four Square: Finding Your Leadership Style Kendall McCarthy & Jovanna Soler
- Not Your Average Workshop Ricky Wilson
- How Listeners Become Leaders Akugbe Imudia, Avery Ray
- Can Do Campaigning Madison Laughlin and Saloni Patel
- Everything I Learned in High School. And More. Nathan Jenkins
- Middle School Team-Building Khushi Mehta; Aashka Patel; Rachel Daniel
- Public Speaking in a Nutshell Christian Torres
- How to Turn your Student Council Experience in Real-Life Politics Tim Echols
- Making America Great Again Ryan Loke
- Building Effective Teams at Your School Lauren Healey
- Birds of Leadership Johnelle Simpson
- Leading the Way to Change the World Lauren Plair, Eva Pike, Jenna Gaskins, and Mrs. Lisa Plair
- Lead Up Coye Bishop
- Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens
- Celebrate Who You Are Kevin Schatell
- Past GASC President Brandon Mosely
- Embrace the Awkward Karely Avila, Rebecca Brannen, Connor Henderson, and Ashley Miguel
ROCK EAGLE FUN FACTS
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center is located north of Eatonton, Georgia, adjacent to the Oconee National Forest.
- It is about 1,500 acres of forested land, including a 110 acre lake.
- Shaped like a bird, the Rock Eagle Mound is a stone effigy. It is eight feet high at the breast and consists entirely of milky quartz rocks.
Convention Packing List
➔ Supplies needed for any workshop your school is presenting
➔ An idea of what you hope to gain from GASC Convention!
Individual Packing List:
➔ Twin Sheets
➔ Blanket/sleeping bag
➔ Shower shoes
➔ Towels and washcloths
➔ Comfortable shoes
➔ Clothes for Saturday (you will be given a conference t-shirt)
➔ Clothes for Sunday
➔ Clothes for Dance - American themed
➔ Stuco T-Shirts to trade on Sunday
➔ Pens and paper
➔ A good attitude!
18 Tips To Be a More Successful Young Leader
*This is an external site with no affiliation to GASC.*
Service Project Highlight
"Our student council hosted an afternoon where students came and volunteered to make tutus and capes. They made tutus by cutting up tulle to appropriate lengths and tying them to a piece of elastic. Capes were made out of cut up t-shirts, and then superhero designs were drawn onto the back. These items were donated to a hospital with children affected by cancer."
-Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology