Chichester Central School News
January 21, 2022
Dates to Remember
Mon 1/24/22 - No School, Teacher Workshop Day
Thurs 1/27/22 - Coffee with the Principal 7:30-8:00 (kids welcome!)
Tues 2/8 - 8th Grade NAEP assessment (more info here)
Weds 2/9/22 - 22-23 Kindergarten Information Night (snow date 2/23/22)
Weds 2/16/22 - School Board Meeting, 6pm
2/28/22-3/4/22 - February Break
Sat 3/5/22 - Chichester Annual School District Meeting
Tues 3/8/22 - No School, Teacher Workshop Day
Weds 3/16/22 - Trimester 2 ends
Fri 3/25/22 - Report Cards Emailed to Parents
A Note from Mrs. Wilson
Hello CCS Families!
Please remember to send your child to school with winter wear. We try to get our students out as much as possible all year long, and they should be prepared to stay warm while outside.
Thank you for your continued help in notifying the health office when your child is not feeling well, and for working with our health office as we continue to follow protocols set forth by NH DHHS.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Jessica Wilson, Principal
Middle School ELA: Great Read
Students have been quite busy in ELA class this year. One of the activities students have completed are book projects. As they were reading their novels they needed to use textual evidence to support key story elements throughout the novel. As students finished reading their books they were assigned an essential question about one of the five story elements (character, setting, plot, conflict/resolution and theme) that they needed to answer using textual evidence and the cited book source.
Along with the written piece students also needed to create a visual piece that captured three of the five story elements. Not only would the students need to create a visual they would also present their finished product to the class. The students were given voice and choice as to how they would create and present their project. Throughout the process there were many different and exciting ways which the projects were presented. For example, some students chose to create a Minecraft scene, others chose to draw a poster or write a poem, while others chose to create a diorama. The projects that came in were varied and creative.
Third Grade: Giant Traveling Map!
CCS Library News
What's Been Going on in the CCS Art Room?
Incorporating Dance and Creative Movement in Art Class
January Family Engagement Ideas
Family activities can help children do well in school. Spending just a few minutes a week can make a big impact. Pick 2-3 from this list each week and have fun! Share photos of your participation for upcoming newsletters to Laurie Jaquith firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
The new year is a great time to start a new routine. Try incorporating a few of these ideas into your family routine
- Physical exercise - walk around the house, inside and out. Climb the stairs. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Start a journal- track your activities, the time you spent on them and the foods you eat each day.
- Read aloud daily - while dinner is cooking, waiting for a family member, etc
- Create a tower out of marshmallows and toothpicks. How tall can you make it?
- Have an indoor snowball fight with cotton balls!
- Play a card game- Memory and Go Fish are fun choices.
- Find a word puzzle to play - word searches and crossword puzzles.
- How many words can you make using the letters in JANUARY?
- Talk about animals in the winter. What do birds do? Bears? Do some research together.
- Practice planning ahead with your child - what will you do next weekend?
- Do a clean out - can you donate some toys you no longer play with or clothes that no longer fit?
- Practice elapsed time - how long until bedtime? How long until school starts the next day?
- Play eye spy while traveling in the car - look for colors, letters, words, and shapes!
Chichester School Board Meetings and Budget Dates
January 26, 2022 – 6:00 P.M. BUDGET~ Chichester Central School
February 2, 2022 – 6:00 P.M. Budget Hearing / Board Meeting
February 9, 2022 - SNOW DATE for Budget Hearing / Board Meeting
Use this link on the CCS webpage for more board related information including agendas, meeting dates, links, and policies, and to sign up for email communications.
Save the Date
On Wednesday, February 19th at 6:00pm Doug Hall with NH School Funding
Fairness Project will be doing a presentation on how NH public schools raise the
money necessary to fund public education. Mr Hall will talk about the impact
statewide and about Chichester specifically. More information to come, but please
plan to attend this important presentation.
Chichester Central School and Grant Funding
Chichester Central School values stakeholders input. Please visit the CCS website, https://ccs.sau53.org/covid-19-esser-funds-e6efbe55 for updates on grant funding opportunities within our school community.
Planning Ahead: March 5th Annual School District Meeting
Chichester School Board ListServ
If you wish to be added to the Chichester Central School Board Listserv, please read the directions below.
Meeting agendas will be sent out at least 24 hours in advance of all meetings, and minutes will be sent once they have been approved.
Subscribing to the CCS ListServ can happen one of two ways:
If you already have a Google Account:
1. Sign in to Google Groups.
2. Search for the group:
1. At the top, click My groups and select All groups and messages.
2. In the search box, enter the group’s name CCSListServ or email address email@example.com and press Enter. Request to Join.
If you do NOT have a Google Account:
1. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line subscribe and an
invitation will be sent to you with 48 hours.
You can still access the latest news and information on our website at: https://ccs.sau53.org/
Have you ever thought about working here at CCS?
We're always looking for more people to come join our sub list! If you're interested in being a part of our team, please reach out to Vicki Burke at email@example.com or 798-5651.
Click here to access our most up-to-date breakfast and lunch menus.