Homeroom Buzz Room 220
Edition date: 9/28/2015
In writing we are continuing to explore creative writing and building our classroom community. The Writer's Eye writing contest is underway! Each student is required to write a prose piece of writing inspired by one of the pieces of art they viewed at the Writer's Eye exhibit. We will focus on having students develop a story inspired by the art, and will be conferencing with them in class. Students also have the option to write an additional poem inspired by one of the pieces of art. If they so chose, students can elect to enter their piece(s) of writing into the yearly Writer's Eye contest. Participation in the contest is not mandatory, but the children will have to take their prose piece to final copy. Please take a look at the link below for more information:
Our next unit of science begins tomorrow with Mrs. James. The students will be learning about Matter in her science unit. As always, please email her with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Please be aware that Mrs. Dettmann's RWS work is always due on Thursdays unless otherwise noted. Her tests are normally given on Thursdays as well.
My word study tests are given on Fridays. New sorts are introduced on Mondays.
READING LOG EXPECTATIONS
GOOGLE CLASSROOM - Technology
- Please be sure that you have your Parent Portal access. If you need your parent portal access you may pick it up at the front office by showing your driver's license.
- Please be on the lookout for the UVA Symphony field trip permission slip that is coming home tomorrow in the Monday Folders.
- Please be on the lookout for a Sign Up Genius that will be coming out for you to schedule your Parent/Teacher conference. This sign up should come out in the next week.
Item Donations for STEAM Projects
We are in need of the following items for STEAM Projects. Most of the items are recyclable items from your household. Please send the items in, as you collect them. All of these materials will be used in our STEAM projects. Thank you!
- 4 inch styrofoam cubes (4)
- plastic bottles of various sizes
- plastic bottle lids
- duct tape
- Aluminum soda cans (rinsed and punch a hole in bottom)
- cardboard toilet paper tubes or paper towel tubes
- scraps of cardboard
- Popsicle Sticks
- Bottles of Elmers Glue
In case Back 2 School Night buzzed by you...
You can click the link below and it will take you there:)
Don't let these dates buzz by you!
September 29th - First day of the Matter science unit with Mrs. James
October 9th - PTO Golf Tournament
October 12th - Late Fall BEE Registration
October 12th - Winter Coat Drive
October 13th - PTO Meeting
October 14th - Picture Day
October 16th - BES Spirit Day/ BEE BOP
October 22nd - Late Fall BEE Classes Begin