A Message from Mrs. Roth
At the end of this school year, we will be saying good-bye to our two retirees, Terriann Murray, 4th Grade Teacher and Ardis Beck, Special Education Teacher. We will be celebrating them in a variety of ways with social distancing protocol, however, if you are interested in joining us in this celebration, please send a card to our school at LBW, 1420 W. University in their honor.
At this time we also have other staff leaving LBW. Mr. Lentsch has requested to move to the 8th grade science position at the Mitchell Middle School, Katie Erwin, Special Education Paraeducator will be moving to St. Louis, Missouri due to her husband's job promotion and Lisa Blumenberg-Switzer, LBW Kitchen Manager has accepted a position as Food Service Director in the Hansen School District. We certainly will miss these three and appreciate their numerous contributions to our school.
Again, thank you parents for your communication and support. We've got this!
Are you attending LBW this Fall 2020?
Online Registration for LBW Fall 2020 Students in Grades K - 4th currently
Mitchell School District Annual Update Information Directions
(Please complete by May 20th, 2020)
1. Go to www.themitchellkernels.com to begin the process. You will then click on the ‘Parents’ tab and choose ‘Parent Portal.’ This will take you to the login page for your parent portal account. Everyone should have set this up last year, if you completed online registration. If you forgot your username or password, click on the respective area and it will email you your information (to the email you set up in the initial process). If you don’t have a parent portal account, or need assistance, contact Patty Brewster at 995-3034.
2. Click Annual Information Update on the lower left hand corner of the page.
3. Click on either Existing Student Registration if your child is currently enrolled in the Mitchell School District or click on New Student Registration if you have a new student to the district.
4. Make sure the Registration Year ’20-21’ is in the drop down box.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the updates/registration.
6. Once you have submitted the updates/registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
A few things to note:
· Phone Numbers will need to include area codes.
· Be sure to include birthdates of all children in the household. This includes students who are not currently of school age. This assists us with identifying our incoming kindergarten aged students.
· You will need to use the Next and Save/Continue buttons to navigate through the various pages.
· Be sure to submit your application upon completion.
5th Grade Recognition Wave Parade
We invite all of you to honor and recognize our amazing 5th grade students on Tuesday, May 19th at 6:00pm with our wave parade. Please drive by the four streets around the LBW/DWU area on that night. We hope to see you there!
Last Day of School Year
Virtual Field Day Week
LBW PTO Scholarship Winner Announced
Did you get your LBW Yearbook from this year?
Here's the link to purchase your copy: