Week of November 27th, 2023
Wishing our Paloma families a wonderful break! We are so THANKFUL for all of YOU!!
School Starts at 8:50 am ~ Every Day ~ Be On Time
PES serves our community by preparing all students in a safe and nurturing environment to be critical thinkers, productive citizens and thrivers with admirable character.
Students need the following items EACH DAY!
2. Water bottle
PLEASE LABEL YOUR CHILD'S BACKPACK, LUNCHBOX, WATER BOTTLE, AND ANY JACKETS/SWEATSHIRTS WITH THEIR FIRST AND LAST NAME. THANK YOU!
Should students forget an item at home (stuffed animal, iPad, water bottle, etc), we will not call home and ask a parent to bring the forgotten item to school. It is our goal to help students to be responsible for the items they need at school each day.
Important Dates 🗓️
Salute to Heroes Celebration Video
Safety at Arrival and Dismissal
Let's keep all Panthers safe at school!
When using the loop to pick up or drop off your child by car, PLEASE.....
- Only park in appropriate areas. The pick up loop can be a very busy place, especially on modified days. However, it is important to remember to only park in designated parking spaces. Please do not park along curbs that are painted red. Please do not park in handicap spots unless you have a handicap placard. If there is not parking available when you arrive, you will need to park on the street and walk to meet your child or join the pick up loop. If you are parked in these areas, you will be asked to move.
- Always use the crosswalks.
- Do not use the parking lot as an additional pick-up line. This blocks access to parking spaces, including handicap spots. If there is not an open parking spot, please pull through and go around again to look for an opening or join the loop pick up line.
- Stay in your car when using the loop. If your child needs assistance entering or exiting the car, please park in the lot and walk them to their gate.
- Move all the way forward as directed by the school staff.
- In the morning, do not wait until your child reaches the gate to pull away. Staying in the loop and watching your child walk in through the gate, slows the flow of traffic. If you would like to watch your child enter the gate, please park your car and walk your child.
- At dismissal, do not stop in the loop and wait for your child to come your direction, instead pull up when there is space to pull forward. Pull all the way forward and continue to move forward with the traffic. Your child will walk down towards you.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and patience.
Thriver Strength of the Month~Integrity
Every month at Paloma, all students will be focusing on a new Thriver Trait
from Michele Borba's book, Thrivers.
For the months of November and December we will be focusing on Integrity.
This week we have been learning that when you have Integrity, it means that you are honest. You can help build honesty and integrity at home by playing a game called "What Would You Do." Here are some examples of questions that you can ask and discuss with your child at home:
What Would You Do If......
You saw your best friend at school taking something that did not belong to them?
You noticed that someone that was walking in front of you dropped a 20 dollar bill?
You saw the last piece of chocolate cake in the firdge but knew your sister was hoping to have it for dessert?
You jokingly said somehting at recess that was untrue and later heard it repeated as a rumor?
You witnessed a someone saying unkind things to another person in the hallway at school?
Talking about these scenarios and practicing the right thing to do will prepare kids for how to show integrity if they are presented with these situations at home and at school.