The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
November 2nd, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Halloween has passed and we are on the brink of our FALL BREAK. For those who celebrate Diwali, we wish you a wonderful festival and celebration. Please take note of the details regarding Conferences, Book Fair, and the Food Drive. We wish you all a wonderful break. If you need anything, we are always available.
- NO SCHOOL ALL WEEK!
- NOVEMBER CONFERENCES: On Monday, November 5th we will host a full day of conferences. The Middle School has set aside a different time window than the High School and Elementary Schools to allow for some additional time for parents with children at multiple levels. Our conference windows are 8:00am - 1:00pm and 4:00pm - 7:00pm.
- FOOD DRIVE: It is not too late to send in your DONATIONS for our own South Brunswick Food Pantry. Please bring a donation to conferences on Monday. Bins are located in the library and by the main entrance.
- BOOK FAIR: Our PTO Book Fair will still be open and available for parent shopping on Monday, November 5th. Feel free to swing by and start your holiday shopping.
- WINTER SPORTS PHYSICALS ARE PAST DUE: Please reach out to our Athletic Director, Elaine.McGrath@sbschools.org, or the coach with specific questions. All information was sent in a previous email.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Now is a great time to open the conversation with your child regarding his/her appropriate use of technology and the digital profile they are creating on social media. Please remind your children that their behavior online holds consequences. Use these tools for good! For tools and tips, mark your calendars for our third annual Social Media Symposium Parent Academy - December 15th.
- AFTERSCHOOL: As a reminder, students are only permitted to stay after school if they are participating in a school-sponsored club, activity, or event. This includes students staying as spectators of our athletic program. Please note that they must stay with that event and they are not permitted to go anywhere off campus. Please feel free to call Administration with any specific questions.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students have left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. Thank you for your understanding.
Go to this link for a wealth of up-to-date resources from our School Nurses, Jennifer Duvelsdorf & Janice Royer.
WINTER CLUBS - Active & Enrichment
Sign up via Community Pass HERE!
WINTER SPORTS PHYSICALS PAST DUE!
6-12 Athletic Director: Elaine.McGrath@sbschools.org
NIGHT UNDER THE LIGHTS - Football Game
- 11/1 - PTO Book Fair/FOOD DRIVE
- 11/2 - PTO Book Fair/FOOD DRIVE
- 11/5 - NO SCHOOL - CONFERENCES
- 11/5 - PTO Book Fair - Parent Day/Night
- 11/6 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
- 11/7 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
- 11/8 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- 11/9 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- 11/15 - "Night Under the Lights" Football Game @ North Brunswick
- 11/19 - BOE Meeting @ 7:30pm
- 11/21 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Thanksgiving
- 11/22 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- 11/23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- 12/3 - BOE Meeting @ 7:30pm
- 12/5 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - School Planning
- 12/6 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Band) @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 12/6 - Trimester 1 ENDS
- 12/7 - Trimester 2 BEGINS
- 12/7 - PATTERNS Assembly
- 12/13 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Strings) @ SOUTH 7:00pm
- 12/15 - Social Media Symposium Parent Academy
- 12/17 - BOE Meeting @ 7:30pm
- 12/20 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Chorus) @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 12/21 - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
UPCOMING PTO EVENTS!
- APPAREL SALE: The apparel sale is still on until November 16th. Please visit this link to order ASAP: https://www.agpestores.com/iep/groups.php
- BOOK FAIR & FOOD DRIVE: During the week of the Book Fair, the PTO will be gathering food donations for our local South Brunswick Food Pantry. Please send in any canned items, as well as boxes of pasta.