Design and fabricate a device that will meet the specific needs of a person with a disability.
Our Disability - Cerebral Palsy
Solution - Suspension Crutches
Math and Science Concepts
Metal Cutting Miter Saw
Used to cut metal objects.
Metal Cutting Table Saw
Used to drill holes in objects.
Used to cut larger metal objects.
Quality Control Criteria
- Crutch must be able to support 300 pounds.
- Spring must be able to be able to output 20 pounds of upward force when compressed 30%.
- 3D printed parts must not be within a 90% margin of error.
- 3D print arm holder and grip to order's specifications.
- Cut aluminum pole to customer's size.
- Attach spring bit to end of pole
- Construct whole crutch
- Ship to customer