February 4-8, 2019
My School Survey
Social Worker Groups
For fourth quarter, Mrs. Miller will be offering LifeSkills Training- focusing on substance abuse prevention, social skills, communication skills and Why Try - focusing on motivation and goal setting as a 3rd period special elect for 6th graders. If you are interested in having your child participate, please email Mrs. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22. In order to participate, a consent with Youth First will need to be signed by a parent.
7th and 8th Grade Boys Basketball Game 4:30-6:30
Tuesday, Feb. 5th, 4:30pm
5800 Hogue Road
6th Grade Boys Basketball Game @ Delaware Elementary
Wednesday, Feb. 6th, 4:30pm
700 North Garvin Street
7th and 8th Grade Boys Basketball Game vs. Cedar Hall
Thursday, Feb. 7th, 4:30pm
1801 Washington Avenue
PTSA Winter Formal
Please join us for Winter Formal on Friday. Students must have at least 7 Citizenship Points in order to attend. Citizenship Points are earned through grades, behavior, extracurricular activities and growth on grades and/or NWEA. Teachers will be reviewing this with students this week. If you have questions about this, please contact Mrs. Branson. This was part of the roll-out of Citizenship at the beginning of the year and is in the Student Handbook.
February is Black History Month
Social Skills are important, too!
1. Let the other person use the item first.
2. Ask if you can use it later.
3. When you get to use it, offer it back to the other person after you’re finished.
* This seems like a very basic skill—and it is. But sometimes we become so relaxed with our friends and family that we forget to use good social skills. Following these steps and being mindful of them will help us strengthen relationships.
ISTEP is out and ILEARN is in
If you have questions about this test or how Washington Middle School is preparing students for higher expectations, please contact Mrs. Branson at 812-477-8983.
How is your child doing in classes?
If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. April Coughlin or Administration to set up meetings.
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple) anywhere in the hair.
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.