Tusculum View Tiger Talk
News for the week of November 15, 2021
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good Afternoon Tiger Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. THANK YOU for helping make our Book Fair a huge success! It was so nice to see the kids dressed up this week and stoking the fire of their love for reading and books! We continue to work hard each day here at TVES and look forward to another great week! Our 4th and 5th grade classes are working hard for our holiday show at the NPAC! I can't wait to stroll back in time and listen to the JukeBox Jingles!
Hope everyone has a great week and stays well!,
- Please do not send balls to school with your students. The school will provide balls for play on the playground.
- All students eat breakfast and lunch free this school year. If you would like for your child to eat breakfast please arrive by 7:45 in order to allow time for them to eat as class begins at 8 am.
- When dropping students off at side parking lot in the mornings, please DO NOT turn LEFT out of the parking lot. Right turns only during drop off and dismissal.
- Please DO NOT get out of your car in car line to help your student get out of or in to the car. If you need to do this, please pull over in to a parking space.
Monday the 15th is the last day to donate to the VFW and get your wristband! Thank you for all your contributions and support!
Our 5th grade class will be collecting donations for a red, white, and blue arm band to support our local VFW Post 1990 and veterans! You may send money to school for donations from Nov. 3 - 15.
Thank you for your incredible support this past week! Let's see how much more we can show our appreciation to our veterans!
Info about VFW:
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans service organization comprised of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, guard and reserve forces.
The VFW traces its roots back to 1899 when veterans of the Spanish-American War (1898) and the Philippine Insurrection (1899-1902) founded local organizations to secure rights and benefits for their service.
Many arrived home wounded or sick. There was no medical care or veterans' pension for them, and they were left to care for themselves.
November 15 - 19 is American Education Week. Please take a minute to thank our educators at TVES!
We are very fortunate to have some of the best educators in the business here at TV! I think our school is the BEST school around. Our bus drivers, custodians, cafeteria staff, nurse, office staff, instructional assistants, and teachers are top notch and LOVE our TIGERS!!
To any of our Tiger Family who are educators or retired educators - we say THANK YOU for your service!
Nurse Sally's Corner
Each month, Nurse Sally will share health tips for all our Tigers!
November is American Diabetes Month
November is American Diabetes Month. This year’s focus is on prediabetes and preventing diabetes. View the American Diabetes Association’s, 2021 Campaign: We Stand Greater than Diabetes.
Diabetes is a common chronic health condition among school aged children and adolescents in Tennessee. Check out the following links for more information and resources:
- View Training Resources for School Staff here.
GCSEF Turkey Trot 5K sign up - You may still sign up!
The GCSEF 7th Annual Turkey Trot 5K is set for Thanksgiving morning at 8am at GHS.
Early registration ends on 11.12.21 and you must be registered by then to be guaranteed a race day shirt. The school with the highest percentage of participants will receive a $500 cash prize.
RunSignUp Registration Link: https://runsignup.com/Race/TN/Greeneville/GCSEducationFoundation5KTurkeyTrot
If you have questions about bus pick up or drop off times or need to add bus transportation, please reach out to Kristen Rollins at 423.787.8003. If you are changing your mode of transportation that you selected during registration, even if for just one day, you will need to submit this in writing to Mrs. Mary before it can be changed. An email is acceptable, but it MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:30 pm.
We cannot accept a phone call to change to/from riding the bus, walking, or pick up. Thank you for your help in this matter. Safety of our students and getting them home to you is our top priority!
Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
Please do not block the roads waiting for pick up before 2:55 pm.
If your child misses a day of school, per policy you must submit written documentation to the school office within two days of the child returning to school. You are allowed three parent notes per semester.
- Several ways to submit your written documentation
- Send written parent note, doctor, dentist, or therapy note with your child to school. Your child will give the written note to their teacher and it will be sent down to the school office.
- Email your excuse to Mrs. Mary at email@example.com
- Fill out the Online Absentee Reporting. This is found on Tusculum View Website at the top click Report Absence. Remember to give the reason why your child was absent from school.
Please refer to the guidelines below for new Truancy laws and procedures from the state of TN.
If you have had a change in address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts, please contact the school at 423.639.2751 ASAP to get your information updated.
GET YOUR TIGER SWAG!
Visit our school store to get Tiger apparel to show your school spirit and Tiger Pride! You may purchase and pay on our site. Merchandise will be sent home with your student when it arrives.