Sept. 26, 2014
Two Important Celebrations on Saturday, Oct. 4
Specials on Half-Days
Thank you for following district procedures on this one.
End result: It is really important that you have some way of communicating with parents. Be it a newsletter through Smore, a blog you and your students regularly contribute to, Shutterfly for photos, Twitter, or emailing a newsletter and other information, please make sure you are communicating regularly with parents.
Some parents are used to using Blackboard because they have older students. It might be a nice idea to post something on your Blackboard page that say how you communicate with parents and include a link if you can. Then you can continue to communicate via other methods.
Questions? Please ask.
District Commitment to Diversity
- I can pronounce the preferred first names of all of my students.
- I know the special holidays, traditions, and customs that are valued by the families of my students.
- I have positive representations of other cultures in my classroom, especially reflecting the makeup of my students.
Our Diversity Goal
I'd like to challenge us to learn more about how our families celebrate special days. As different holiday times near, let's see if we can help them honor those days as a way of showing our commitment to kindness and welcome.
From the book
don't put others
down. They lift
~Michael P. Watson
To him who elastic and vigorous
thought keeps pace with the sun, the
day is a perpetual morning.
~Henry David Thoreau
I believe that unarmed truth
and unconditional love will
have the final word.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Treat others how you want to be treated. ~Proverb
first a dream.
best is the
Come forth into the light
of things. Let Nature be
Monday, Sept. 29 Day 1
- Pledge/Moment of Silence - Nussbaum
- 3:10 Collab - Team K
Tuesday, Sept. 30 Day 2
- 3:10 Collab - Team 1
- 6:00 Chaucie's Place Parent Meeting @ BSE
Wednesday, Oct. 1 Day 3
- 3:10 Collab - Team 3
Thursday, Oct. 2 Day 4
- Roadrunner Rally
- 8:00 Office meeting
- 3:10 Collab - Team 4
- 4:10 Collab - Team EC
Friday, Oct. 3 No Specials - Push-in only
- $1 Hat Day
- 7:30 Diversity21 meeting in PD room
- 12:01 Students dismissed
- 1:00-4:00 Half-day PD
Monday, Oct. 6 Day 1
- Pledge/Moment of Silence - Cook
- 3:10 Collab Team 4
- 4:00-4:45 Flu Shots in the Conf Room
Tuesday, Oct. 7 Day 2
- 8:00-3:00 Diversity mtg - Suley and Jami
- 12:00-3:00 Elem Principals' meeting
- 3:10 Collab Team HA
Wednesday, Oct. 8 Day 3
- 8:30-11:30 SIOP@ Admin
- 1:00-4:00 SIOP @ Admin
- 6:30 Chaucie's Place Parent Meeting @ CRE
Thursday, Oct. 9 Day 4
- First day of Sukkot
- 8:00 Office Meeting
- 3:10 Collab Team K
Friday, Oct. 10 Day 1
- End of 1st 9 weeks
- RSVP due to Katie Mi if attending Staff Bonfire
- 7:35 Staff Meeting - PBL - Getting Started Chapter 2
- 3:10 Collab Team 1
- 6:30-8:30 Dad's Club Movie NIght