for the Week of May 1st Plus
ALL TEACHERS MUST WEAR THEIR ID BADGE WITH SPARC CARD.
Message from the Principal
The school board expectation for all employees is that they will remain on campus all day once they have clocked in for work. ANY employee (Classified or Certificated) who needs to leave campus during the school day, is expected to 1) see an administrator about leaving campus and 2) sign-out in the white notebook in the office.
We are seeing TOO many students in the hallway without passes. ANY teacher who sends/allows a student out of class must provide the student with a written pass. There is no exception to this.
All teachers are required to monitor their students in the lunchroom as they go through the line and while at their lunch table. It is not the role of the lunchroom staff to monitor your students.
Unit plans must be up to date and posted in every classroom.
All teachers are required to communicate with parents if a student is in danger of failing their class before the end of the grading period. Sending letters home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. Sending INOW print outs home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. They will reflect positively on the teacher for attempts but without a response we have no way of verifying that the parent has received the information. Additionally, notes in Chalkable are not considered parent contacts. If a student is failing your class, you must make a contact (phone conversation with parent, parent conference, or email conversation with parent). A conversation means dialogue between the teacher and the parent.
Keep in mind all teachers are required to administer at least one unit test every 4.5 weeks. We will be checking for these after progress reports. Documentation of RTI for these should be noted in the comment section of your gradebook. Unit tests in which a student makes less than a 60 must be retaught and re-assessed. The reassessment must occur during the nine weeks in which it originally administered. Accommodations that are implemented for an entire class do not qualify as examples of RTI or as interventions for PST. Students under 504 or an IEP may have different accommodations for assessments and these take precedent.
All teachers are required to have a substitute folder in their classroom complete with class rosters and emergency lessons. We understand that from time to time thing happen and a full blown lesson cannot be created to cover an absence so it is an imperative that emergency lessons are in the folder. We still have issues with finding enough substitutes and it really is not fair to any of your colleagues to have to create a lesson for your class when they end up having to cover.
Important Dates for the Week of May 1st Plus
Do not forget to turn in Unit Assessments at the start of each unit.
- May 1st Scantron Spring Testing Window Opens - Mrs. Edwards emailed the schedule out last week.
- May 1st - NJHS Meeting for new members after school in Room 201
- May 2nd - Winners of the Teacher April Testing Month Incentive will be announced during morning announcements
- May 2nd - Tentatively scheduled faculty meetings
- May 2nd - Timecards approved by 3 PM
- May 2nd - FBLA Meeting after school in the Business Tech Lab
- May 2nd - HMS Spring Art Show in the Cafeteria
- May 3rd - MEDC in the Conference Room in the AM
- May 3rd - FCCLA Meeting in the FACS Classroom
- May 4th - Tentatively 8th Grade Tour of HHS including Pre-registration Meeting
- May 5th - Staff Surveys due
- May 5th - Scoliosis Screening in the AM
- May 5th - Beach Bash after lunch for students who qualify
- May 5th - Grades posted by 3 PM.
- May 6th - HHS 9th Grade Boys Basketball Tryouts at HHS
- May 8th - Regular monthly NJHS Meeting after school in Room 201
- May 9th-11th - HMS Boys Baseball Tryouts after school at Bud Newell Field
- May 9th - Faculty Meetings in Conference Room.
- May 9th - Timecards approved by 3 PM
- May 9th - Monthly Art Club Meeting after school in the Art room.
- May 9th - Spring band concert at HHS
- May 11th - Ex Ed Graduation in the lunchroom
- May 12th - Fire/Tornado Drill 5th Period
- May 12th - Supplementary Inventory Due electronically on the digital inventory form to Mr. Powell by 3 PM. See Mr. Powell for a copy of last year's inventory.
- May 12th - Evidence in EducateAlabama must be updated. EOY PLP meetings will begin the week May 15th.
- May 12th - Parent Contact Logs due via email by 3 PM to designated administrator
- May 12th - Grades posted by 3 PM
- May 12th - Spring Drama Production in the HMS Gym (6 PM)
- May 16th 17th & 18th - HMS Boys Basketball Tryouts after school in the gym
- May 16th - HYPE Field Trip to Samford
- May 16th - Mr. Wilson retirement ceremony after school in the library
- May 18th - 2nd Semester Diagnostics Begin (Schedule to come)
- May 22nd - HMS End of Year Awards Day Program in the HHS Auditorium
- May 23rd - 24th - End of the Year Retention Meetings during planning periods
- May 25th - Last day for students
- May 26th - Teacher Work Day/Final Check-out