November 20, 2020
IMPORTANT DATES AT A GLANCE
*Don't forget the Weekly Wellness Screener by Sunday at 6:00 pm*
Student Holiday Party in a Box
December 17th & 18th (7:40-11:20)
CBA Testing 2-4 Grades
December 1 (4th math)
December 2 (4th reading)
December 3 (3rd reading)
December 8 (3rd math)
December 10 (2nd math)
*DVA communication has been shared by grade level teachers*
Over the Thanksgiving Break, we understand many families have decided to stay close to home rather than travel. Therefore, we will be sending home district iPads (and charging cords) with all face-to-face students to provide them the opportunity to continue their learning using district approved apps. Please know, the use of the iPad is not required during the break; however, it is available if you choose to use it.
When we return on November 30th, please remember to return the iPad and the charging cord to the classroom with your child.
Have a great week!
REQUEST TO SWITCH LEARNING PLATFORMS:
ALL JES families have the opportunity to request a change of instructional platform, effective at the start of the next grading period.
Here is what our families need to know:
- Although we will do our best to keep students together, we cannot guarantee this. Depending on how our numbers change, there is a possibility that your child may not have the same classmates or teacher, especially if you request a change of platform.
- This is a request for change of platform only, not for requesting a specific teacher.
- The deadline to submit this form is Monday, December 7th at 3:30 pm.
- Any changes in teacher assignment will be shared after the December 7th deadline when we have all the information. We anticipate being able to get this information to families the week of December 14th-18th.
- Changes in platform will be effective beginning Monday, January 4th, the start of the third grading period.
- Families will have another opportunity to change platforms at the end of the third grading period.
All requests must be submitted on the Google Form by Monday, December 7th at 3:30 pm.
*Please do not email your requests to office staff, administrators, or counselor. We want to keep all requests together.*
2020 Give Back Challenge
To show our thankfulness for custodians and cafeteria staff, we are asking each student to earn $1 to help provide a gift. Please turn in your $1 by December 4th. DVA can place their money in the box marked Project Gratitude in the Atrium at JES.
Will You Help Fund Your Teachers By Donating To CEF? The 3rd Annual CEF Teacher Telethon is on #GivingTuesday, December 1, to raise money for teachers on your campus!
It’s finally time to order your 20-21 yearbook!
Click on the image to go directly to the Balfour JES
Store to order your yearbook for $35!
NEW This Year: 4th Grade Dedication pages
$25 for 1/8 of a page. Please note this is only
for 4th graders. Order and Build on the Balfour site.
Questions? Please contact Beth Alexander
OR Heather Groeneveld
WANT TO HELP CARROLL ISD? BECOME A CARROLL ISD SUBSTITUTE!
Our next orientation is on November 13. Visit https://bit.ly/31QUjLM for more details on how to become a sub. Apply right away! All next steps and information will come after you apply! You MUST be 21 years old.