Coog Elementary School
Ms. De La Paz
Grade Level: Pre- Kindergarten
Room #: 23
Phone Number: (713) 645- 4578
Office Hours: After school only
Mark Your Calendars:
October 28-30, 2013- Red Ribbon Week
October 31, 2013- Halloween
Red Ribbon Week & Halloween
Day 1) The students will be allowed to wear any type of red clothing to school.
Day 2) The students must wear a red ribbon provided by their teacher over their school t-shirt.
Day 3) Students will rehearse a chant with their teacher in preparation for the next days Halloween parade.
Day 4) Halloween Parade: Students may dress as their favorite book character.
- Patterning: the student will be able to classify and label objects by common attributes.
- Number Concepts: the students will be able to count from 1-5 backwards.
Social Studies Objectives
- Event Sequencing: the student will be able to differentiate between today, yesterday, and tomorrow.
- American Symbols: the student will be introduced to the National Anthem.
- Organisms Life Cycle: the student will be able to identify the events of a life cycle.
- Scientific Thinking: the student will start scientifically questioning living and non-living organisms.
Language Arts Objectives
- Writing: the student will be able to write his/ her own name.
- Reading: the student will know how to turn pages of a book properly.